33. Exams K.O.

Sakura POV
(Next Day - In the gym)

"Tomoyo, what are you writing down?" I ask as I watch her speedily scribble down tons of notes and stats on the team. I take a closer look at the notebook and my eyes widen seeing a fully detailed profile about each member. It's so neat! I gawk in amazement.

She grins. "My information gathering is perfect~It's probably the reason why Natsuki made me the temporary coach," she says flipping through the pages, "I love analyzing people through observations and research."

"That's amazing," I admiringly say, "How do you get the information? After all, this is only your first day," I ask, seeing the notebook filled with endless notes.

Tomoyo turns to me and puts her index finger to her lips, "Let's just say I have my own ways. But I'm really observant."

"Is that so?" I tilt my head confused.

"Yep," she nods her head and examines the volleyball team, "I love observing people's habits and weaknesses," she closes her notebook, "I have another older brother, named Takahiro, and he used to be the captain of the boys' volleyball team during its golden years. As captain he would always think strategically when it came to his matches," she tells me and puts the pen to her lips, "This team has great skills, and they can probably figure things out on their own. After all, they're already getting ready for Tokyo instead of being gloomy for their loss," she grins, "Maybe that's why Natsuki decided to coach this team....She's not here now, but as the temporary coach, I'll make sure to do whatever I can to help this team," she says in a serious tone, but changes to her usual outgoing personality. "Besides, being a coach sounds like a lot of fun, since as a coach I can ruin Tsukki's life by bossing him around," she wickedly smiles and I scoot away from her.

"That sounds great..." I nervously say with a sweatdrop.

I really don't want to be her enemy.

Out of everyone, I never really talked to either of the Tsukinose siblings. I've spoken with Tomoyo a few times, but that was because of Natsuki. Whenever I did talk to her, she would always act like a friendly, cheerful person...Which is completely different from Natsuki. However, I didn't know that Natsuki seems scary at first, but she's actually a very sweet, caring person. Tomoyo, on the other hand, seems nice but is actually really scary. They're opposites.

Whistle blows~

Everyone's attention turns to Coach Ukai. "Practice is over. Everyone, gather up. Takeda-sensei has something to announce," he shouts across the gym and the whole team comes over. I walk over and sit next to Tomoyo and Shimizu.

Everyone gives Takeda-sensei their full attention and he clears his throat, "Er, ahem. So I'll give you the upcoming schedule for the training camp once it's set to stone," Takeda-sensei says with a depressing aura leaking out of him.

Hm. Why does he have this depressing feel around him?

"Tokyo's Inter-high preliminaries start this weekend. Ours in Miyagi took place over three consecutive days, but theirs span for three weeks, with matches held on Sunday. As a result, the joint practices will take place after the preliminaries," he says and takes a seat on the floor, "We need your parents' permission for you to go on the trip, so I'll hand out the paperwork for that later, as well. The school's consent is also in essence no problem. There are also plenty of teams in our prefecture above our level, trying to travel outside the prefecture so we'll be competing with them, making this a good opportunity," Takeda-sensei says and his face suddenly darkens as he pushes his glasses up, "That said, I assume you already know that we have final exams next month?" he announces to the team.