62. Refresh

Sakura POV
(In the photography club)

After a few days meeting with Shiro, I had to readjust back to my regular routine as the photographer in the photography club for the boys' volleyball team. Of course, everyone was worried about me, but when I came back it seemed like they all knew that whatever the problem was, it was solved. A lot has happened to me in those few days. I learned that everything in the past can never change, but the future can.

"Sakura, you've missed a whole week of club activities, so you have to make up everything," Touya rambles on and hands me tons of assignments.

I sweatdrop seeing the stacks of papers that Touya gave me. "You know, I haven't been in the club for only a week, but there was the time when Natsuki wasn't in the club for over two months. Why doesn't she get extra assignments but I do?" I ask and I notice Natsuki freeze then angrily glares at me after hearing me mention her name.

"That's right!" Touya snaps and Natsuki twitches as Touya comes over to her with extra assignments. I sigh in relief seeing some of my papers disappear.

"Pfft," Rina sniffles in a laugh and Natsuki frowns seeing Rina take pleasure in her misery.

"You don't have to give me any extra assignments. I'm stressed out in school, and--" Natsuki tries to come up with an excuse, but Touya stops her.

"I have to Natsuki! It's not fair that I'm giving Sakura work and giving you nothing~" Touya easily says as he gives Natsuki some of the assignments that used to be mine.

"I don't know, Touya. Natsuki is right, she has a lot to manage--" Tomoe tries to defend Natsuki, but Tomoyo pops up from behind him.

"Natsu-sama can do anything! She's already a top student with perfect grades and can handle three clubs along with trying to be a candidate for taking over the Serizawa family. I'm sure she can snap a few pictures along the way," Tomoyo adds in to the conversation trying to compliment Natsuki much to her annoyance.

"Shut up Tomoyo!" Natsuki barks in frustration and turns to me. "Sakura and I are partners right? Why give most of the work to me? Help me out here!" Natsuki yells into Touya's ears and he covers his ears from her loudness.

"Um...Uh..." I stutter trying to find a good excuse, but I already know my excuse is just my laziness.

"I don't think that's how partners work Natsuki, they're supposed to split the work they do. Besides, you're contradicting yourself," Sota says as he spins a pencil around his fingers. "You have your three rules, remember? #1: To not reject any job your given, #2: No commitment means you leave, #3: Don't ask for help," Sota points out and stops spinning his pencil. "You've been gone two months after all," Sota states and Natsuki sweatdrops from Sota's explanation.

"Don't try to get smart with me Sota," Natsuki says, massaging her temples and stands up. "I need some milk to help me think," Natsuki mumbles. Tomoyo hears this and her head perks up.

"Let me get it, Natsu-sama!" Tomoyo says with puppy eyes.

Natsuki sighs. "Why not come with me? I need a break from Touya's madness," she states and Touya cries.

"It's not madness! I'm perfectly fine!" Touya pumps his fists, "I'm doing my best as president to make everyone happy!"

"Are you really?" Everyone in the room asks sarcastically. Touya pouts and goes off in his little corner.

"Seriously, though. I can't handle this all by myself. I'm only one person," Natsuki frowns and turns to me. "Can you try to do some? I can't do all of these assignments. I'm still human," Natsuki hands me some of the papers.