66. Picture Perfect

Sakura POV
(In front of the Sendai Gym)

Times flies by when everyone is having fun. Today is the Miyagi Prefecture Spring Interhigh Qualifiers in the Sendai Gym. These are going to be important matches for the boys' and girls' volleyball team that determines whether they can head to nationals. Every match counts. No one wants to lose.

I stand next to the photography team who's here to support Natsuki and Tomoyo along with the boys' volleyball team. 

"Are all you ready for the matches coming up?" Coach Ukai asks the team as we stand in front of the Sendai Gym.

"Yes!" The teams shout.

"That's good you're all ready," Jun says and claps his hands. "During the golden age of Karasuno, our team wasn't always the best, yet I still remember the words my captain used to tell the team. 'If you win, you will be happy. If you lose, you will be wise.' The boys and girls teams for Karasuno lost their matches last time, but this is your chance," Jun says with a small smile, "The time where the crows will fly again."

Everyone is speechless by Jun's words.

"That's amazing, I need to write that down!" Takeda-sensei breaks the silence and immediately takes his notebook out to write down the quote. Everyone sees this and starts laughing, easing up the tension.

Takeda-sensei clears his throat. "No, but Jun and Coach Ukai are right, both teams had a lot of practice so I believe that we can win now against the other teams," Takeda-sensei says with his eyes shining proudly. "A broken wing of a crow takes time to heal, but once it's healed, it will soar farther than it did before," Takeda-sensei grins.

Natsuki walks forward and faces everyone. "Being here with everyone is something I wouldn't have expected from my past self, but right now I have no regrets being here," Natsuki says and turns to the photography club. "Thank you for supporting all of us today," she then walks over to Daichi and shakes hands with him, "We aren't in the same gym, but we will cheer for you."

Daichi smiles back and shakes her hand back. "We will cheer for you too. Let's go to nationals together."

"Of course," Natsuki firmly says.

I tightly hold onto my camera. This moment right now is something that I don't want to forget. Everyone has been working hard for this day. I want to always remember this day. "C-can we take a quick picture before everyone separates?" I take out my camera to show them and everyone looks at me in surprise.

"Sure," they shout with a grin on their face.

We all gather up and I put the timer on the camera.

"1...2...3..." the camera goes off and takes a picture of the boys' volleyball team, the girls' volleyball team, and the photography club, all together smiling for today.

I see the picture of everyone and a special feeling rises in my heart.

"A picture is worth a thousand words." Today is the day of the Spring Interhigh Qualifiers with teams like Niiyama Joshi, Aobajohsai, and Shiratorizawa there waiting for us. The games will soon begin.

"Hurry up Sakura, our game is going to start," Yuu calls out to me with a grin and my heart bursts with joy.

Nothing is perfect. Life is messy. Relationships are complex. Outcomes are uncertain. Just like a picture, there are some blurry and some clear ones. There are always mistakes in life, but we grow from it. That's what makes life something to appreciate and cherish.

It's picture perfect.