46. Lightning Toss

Sakura POV
(Third day - At Night)

"Thanks for waiting," I thank Nanami as soon as we walk out of the cafeteria. Once we come outside, I can feel the nice breeze on the warm night. It's been exactly three days since we came to the training camp, and I've gotten along with Nanami really well. I don't know why, but I feel like we're pretty similar, and out of everyone here, she's the easiest one to talk to, other than Yachi.

"It's okay. It's nice to walk with someone," Nanami tells me with a smile.

"So where are you going now?" I ask her and she sighs.

"I have to find Kuroo. He says he needs someone to help keep score for the practice match they're having now," Nanami looks at her phone again, "I should get going before they start."  She turns to leave, but I quickly pull on her sleeve to stop her.

"Wait, can I have your phone number?" I ask her, taking the initiative to be friends. I've never gotten her phone number, but maybe it sounds pushy to get her number now. I should've waited until the last day of camp. I regret stopping her!

"Of course, it's no problem," she replies back with a small smile. The two of us exchange numbers and I watch her scroll through her contacts as she double-checks my phone number. My eyes trail down to one of her contacts with the name Sota. Wait a minute...Sota...I wonder if it's Sota from the photography club. I doubt it though, there are many people with the name Sota...But I really want to ask.

"I-I have a question, I noticed that one of your contacts is Sota. I think I know him, he has brown hair and is currently a second-year at Karasuno. I'm not completely sure if it's the same Sota. U-um, I mean, sorry for looking at your phone and--" I stutter and notice Nanami's eyes widen in surprise.

"No way, you know Sota! He's my older brother!!" Nanami says in amazement. "How do you know him?!" she eagerly asks me and I grin in relief.

"He's a member of the photography club and is the secretary for the club," I happily answer. "I'm surprised that you said you're related to each other. You two don't really look alike," I point out and she awkwardly laughs.

"I get that a lot," she tells me and listens to me talk about her brother and the photography club. "Who knew how small the world could be?" she jokes.

"Yeah, you're right. I guess everyone has their own connections," I grin and the two of us happily laugh.

Her phone vibrates and she checks it. Nanami frowns seeing the text message on the screen. "Sorry, Sakura. I have to go. Kuroo just sent me another text message wondering where I'm at right now. I'll see you later," she waves goodbye and sprints to the gym where Kuroo and the others are at.

I watch her leave and look at the phone number I'd gotten from Nanami. I send a text message about making a new friend to Mihane.

Sakura: <Mihane, I made a new friend named Nanami Matsuoka. I even got her phone number :)>

I happily send her the text message and she quickly replies back.

Mihane: <I'm so proud of you ^.^ You got a new friend and a boyfriend. What a life! I'm jealous xP>

Before I can reply back to her, she sends me another text.

Mihane: <Wait you do have Nishinoya's number right???>

Sakura: <Of course>

Mihane: <Well that's good, but you two really haven't done anything as a couple, have you? :/>

Sakura: <He lent me his jacket>

Mihane: < Seriously~ You two really are beginners in love -_- You have such a good boyfriend too. He has really toned out muscles. It's hard to find guys with good muscles on the volleyball team ;( Lol maybe I should've joined the swimming team>