58. Broken Connection

Sakura POV

I immediately sprint out away from Yuu. I haven't got in contact with him since the day I saw Shiro. What hurts me most is seeing the face Yuu made when I told him I couldn't tell him what happened that day. I couldn't say a word. How can I tell him about the past? How could I tell him all the terrible things that happened to me back in middle school? Why can't everything in life just be happy from the beginning until the end?

(A few days ago)

When I thought I left the bracelet in the bathroom, I was right. I went back to the bathroom to get the bracelet I dropped, but I ended up finding Shiro there waiting for me with a cunning smile on her face with my bracelet.

"Sakura, I knew you would come back. You wouldn't leave with just a greeting," Shiro says as she shows me the bracelet I dropped here by accident. The last thing I wanted to happen occurred. The bracelet is in the hands of Shiro. Fear consumes me, but I try to suppress it.

"I need that bracelet back," I demand and she giggles.

"It must be very important. You wouldn't just run all the way back to get it back, would you? After all, you're afraid of me aren't you?" she states examining the bracelet and my eyes widen.

Shiro knew...She knew that the bracelet was valuable to me and I would come back to get it. "Where did you get it from? Parents? Friends? A crush?" she asks and I keep my mouth zipped up. There's no way I'm going to tell her. I'm not going to admit to anything. I don't want her to know who I am now.

The tips of her lips go up and she takes out a pair of scissors much to my shock. "Hm. If you're not willing to answer by my simple question, then I'm in the mood to cut something," she says with a smirk on her face as she suggests cutting the bracelet.

"You wouldn't dare," I glare at her and she laughs.

"Cutting a bracelet. You know me well don't you? That's probably the nicest thing I've ever done to you," Shiro states and my body starts to shake.

She's completely right. She wouldn't hesitate. I know her personality. Shiro will do the cruelest things to get what she wants. To push everyone down so she can be on top. She's just that type of person and she hasn't changed a single bit.

"I got it...I got it from my boyfriend," I answer trying to keep my ground and look her in the eye. I'm not going to lie this time.

Shiro laughs. "What kind of a joke is that?" she asks, but I keep a serious look on my face.

"I'm not," I answer and she stops laughing then glares at me.

"Annoying," she mumbles and puts my bracelet in her pocket. "Meet me at 7:00 pm exactly one week from now at the karaoke place that Mihane would always take us to if you want your bracelet back," she tells me and my eyes widen in shock.

"Why are you doing this? Hand me back my bracelet!" I shout at her. "We aren't part of each other's lives anymore, so why do this?!" I shout and a malicious smile appears on her face.

"Why? I hate you. You're right, we both went our separate ways, yet I met an annoying girl named Amu Kawasaki who reminds me of you. Someone who should stay at the very bottom, but isn't," she frowns and plays with my bracelet then tightly grips it.

"She humiliated me in front of everyone, and today I saw your happy face when you were with Mihane. I thought you would be alone, but instead, you were acting as if nothing happened in the past. You were happy. It's disgusting," Shiro says sharply. "The happiness you have right now...I want to stomp on it and hope it never comes back. Sakura, you will always be alone no matter what, and I will make sure of that," Shiro taunts and I'm haunted by her words as she leaves the bathroom.