Chapter 5: One Too Many Drinks

"That's too revealing!" I gasped, as Cole handed me the black leather dress.

I know what you're thinking. How did I end up in a mall with Cole choosing a dress for me. To be completely honest, I don't know myself. We got here almost twenty minutes ago, and now we're looking for a dress, for me. And I don't even know why. Cole seems to shut me up every time I ask, so I decided I wouldn't question him again.

"Who cares, you'd look hot," he shrugged, giving it a quick glance again. I blushed a little.

"We'll I'm not wearing that," I stated, crossing me arms. His eyes flicked to something across the room, and they lit up a second later.

"What?' I asked. He lifted his finger and pointed.

"It's beautiful," I grinned in awe, scanning my eyes over the midnight blue dress that was cut low from the front, and long at the back. He picked it up and handed it to me. I took a quick glance at the price tag, it was way out of my range. Disappointed, I placed it back.

"What are you doing?" Cole asked, narrowing his eyes at me. I didn't know what to say. I couldn't afford this dress and that was that. I looked up at him as he tapped his foot, waiting for an answer. I stood there awkwardly under his questioning gaze. After a second or two, his eyes widened, he knew why I put the dress back. I nodded, letting him know his suspicions are indeed correct. He picked the dress up again causing me to widen my eyes. What the hell is he doing?

"I'm buying you a dress," he began, "oh and don't be flattered," he said, hearing my thoughts then causing my eyes to roll.

"I don't want it," I said, pushing past him towards the exit. He grabs my arm and pulled me to him. I glared at him but he seemed unaffected by my anger.

"It's just a dress, now go try it on," he sighed, the slight annoyance was still visible on his face.

"Fine."

He was my ride back home, and technically he was my boss too, if I'm going to defy anyone, it can't be him.

I took my time walking over to the changing rooms, fully aware that it was getting on Cole's nerves. I stripped out of my clothes and pulled on the soft material that instantly clung to my body like a second skin. It hugged my curves in all the right places, and brought out my grey eyes. I stared at the mirror in awe, it was gorgeous, but it wasn't made for me.

"You done?" Cole asked loudly.

"It doesn't look good."

"Show me," he asked.

"Pft, no way."

"C'mon!" He said. I sighed.

"I don't want anyone to see," I murmured.

"That's ok, just let me in," I heard him sigh.

I unlocked the door and took a step back, the fitting room was quite small. I heard a sharp intake of breath. I knew it was Cole, but I didn't dare turn around and face him as I looked in the mirror. I could see his dark chocolate brown hair, tousled and styled messily. I couldn't see his face since I was standing in the way.

"You clean up nice," he smirked playfully, I rolled my eyes, typical Cole.

"Shut up."

"Seriously Ner- I mean Sky, you look stunning."

I felt my cheeks begin to redden as I moved my eyes to the floor. No one's ever said anything like that to me, because I've never given them the chance. I gulped, and dug out some confidence in myself. I lifted my head and grinned.