Chapter 7: Be Careful What You Wish For

He was all I could think about.

Zak.

After last night's confession, I really didn't know what to do. I needed to be alone, to think, so I kicked him out. I wasn't going to let him stay...He really got to me, how could I believe him? First rule of lone wolf club is to trust; nobody.

Zak would be the last person to trust normally, but why does it feel different this time? I don't know, but something was happening to me, and I had to find out what it was.

I had about a gazillion texts from Cole and a few from the others, but I didn't want to hear from them. My life was too complicated now. I'd have to deal with them today, since it's Monday, and I'd have to tutor him after school. And God knows if Zak will randomly show up at anytime. I don't even know how he got in the first time. Cole took the spare key, not Zak. He had to have picked the lock or something.

I shook my head, this was all too much for a Monday morning, After having some cornflakes, I changed into my grey hoodie, black jeans and white converse - my average outfit. I seemed to have confused people a lot. Judging my attire, I seem like an emo/goth chick, and judging by my brains, I'm a nerd.

None of it bothers me though, as long as people stayed away.

Obviously my plan hadn't worked quite as well as I had hoped; since the four won't leave me be. All I had to do now was simply ignore them, that's all. It wasn't going to be easy considering who they were, but I had to try, didn't I?

I moved towards the small coffee table in front of the couch, I was about to place my phone down when I felt something grip my shoulder. My heart was pounding, fear instantly engulfed me. I gulped. I'm a wolf, I can take this person down. I swiftly elbowed the person in the stomach, realising it was a man from his groan, I turned around and pushed him to the ground.

"Who are-" I stopped. I had literally just elbowed and pushed Cole Daniels. I gulped and blushed red. How was I going to explain this?

"I um..." I started. He cursed under his breath, and groaned as he stood on two feet. I must've hit him hard. "Sorry."

"Do you go around assaulting all your visitors?" he glared with a playful expression on his face. I blushed from embarrassment, I can't believe I just did that.

"Gee thanks, you make me sound like an insane assassin on meds," I muttered sarcastically, turning my head to face the floor. I was trying to hide my burning cheeks, but I knew it hadn't worked. He lifted my chin upwards towards his face, with his finger.

"Why didn't you reply?" he asked softly.

"Fell asleep," I shrugged, pulling away from him after noticing the close proximity.

"Uh huh, yeah right."

"Honest!" I replied.

"You should have told me you were alright," he said worriedly, placing his hand on my shoulder. I shoved it off.