Chapter 8: A New Arrival

Riley's P.O.V

"It's been a while," I said, giving Zak a hug after I entered his new home. The place was big and reasonable, but not as big as his father's house back at home. He grinned and pulled back, I was so glad to see my best friend. I took the weekend out to visit him and reunite with her. It had been almost a week since I found her location, and now it was time to get her back.

I fell back onto Zak's bed with a deep breath, "man, I'm tired."

He laughed, "the guest bedroom is set up for you."

Zak always had everything prepared beforehand. I gave him a thankful smile and sat up again. As I raked my hand through my hair, I saw Zak sit down on the chair opposite me. He had a knowing look on his face, instantly showing that there was something on his mind.

"Uh oh, I know that look..." I muttered, he shook his head and sighed.

"She's been getting into some trouble lately," he said, I immediately recognised who he was talking about. My overly-protective brother instincts awakened and I widened my eyes.

"What kind of trouble are you talking about?" I asked, furrowing my brows. Did he mean Sky was in danger or...?

"It's just these guys always seem to be around her, she's having problems at school and she has no friends!"

"Is that your way of telling me that my sister is a loser and probably a slut too?" I asked, my voice getting louder as anger ignited within me. No one talks about my sister like that, not even my best friend.

He shook his head, "no, I mean she did sleep with a guy...but-" I cut him off.

"WHAT?" I roared.

"They didn't do anything! She was drunk!"

Well that just made it worse.

"You mean he took advantage of her? Why was she drunk in the first place?" I was not only angry at Zak, I was furious at my sister.

"He didn't! She went to a party!"

I glared at Zak, "you're not helping your situation, Zak."

He took a deep breath, "she didn't have sex with anyone, she just got drunk at a party, that's all. What's the problem with that? You do it every night."

And I wasn't proud.

"I'm sorry, I just...I just miss her," I said, lowering my head.

"I know man, but we can get her back now," he said, trying to comfort me.

"We need a plan, we can't just drop a bomb on her..." Zak said.

Ignoring his last statement I asked, "have you figured out why she left?"

I saw something in Zak's eyes as he replied, "no, I haven't," which lead me to believe something else entirely.

***

Skylar's P.O.V

"There...all done," Libby said, biting her lip as she focused on my hair. I sighed, Libby had been doing my so called 'makeover' for almost an hour! She told me to wait another second while she added the finishing touches - whatever that means. As I sat on the chair in her bedroom, my mind couldn't help but flash back to The Four. How could I have become so attached to a bunch of jerks that I don't even know? Maybe it's because they're the only thing reminding me of...well, home.

"You can look now," she said, a sense of accomplishment was laced in her voice causing me to wonder. What did she do to me? I stood up from the chair and flattened down the dress she made me wear, it was light pink with white lace on it. Pink wasn't really my colour, but Libby seemed to love it...