Chapter 9: Take My Hand

Recap:

"Leave me alone!" I snapped as Harry began fiddling with my hair. The other two boys simply laughed and Libby stood silently, watching us. She was thinking of something, I could tell that by the look on her face. Curiosity was coursing through my veins by the time I was struggling with Harry. What was she thinking?

"You better do as she says." A new voice behind me said,

Wait...I know that voice. I excused myself a second to think of who the voice could belong to. Then it hit me...

I spun around to face him.

"Riley," I muttered.

***

"You know him?" Harry asked, furrowing his brows. What was left of The Four scanned their eyes over Riley, including Libby, who were trying to work out the connection between Riley and I. I couldn't believe my eyes. He found me. What scared me the most was that I didn't know if it was a good thing, or a bad thing. I stood idle, face blank, unable to speak. The past was blowing up in my face and I couldn't do anything to stop it.

"Who are you?" Libby asked, scrunching her face together. I simply stared ahead at him. This was my brother. He had grown so much, two years must be a hell of a lot of time! I gulped. What was he doing here? I left him behind like I left my life, he wasn't supposed to find me, heck neither was Zak. Zak must have told him, that's the only way he could know. Oh when I get my hands on Zak-

"An old friend of Sky's," he said with a friendly smile as his eyes met mine. I couldn't tell how he felt. It was a trait of mine to be able to see through him. Riley was always an open book, read loud and clear, but somehow that managed to change. I didn't know him anymore...

The boys raised their brows and all sent me questioning looks.

"Don't tell me this is an ex-boyfriend of yours," Harry sneered, glaring at Riley. Both our eyes widened instantly. What Harry suggesting was incest, that's disgusting. I slapped round his head and he instantly hissed out in pain and started rubbing his head.

"What was that for?" he snapped angrily. I glared at him but Riley had kept his cool, simply standing in front of us.

"For being an idiot, that's what."

I could hear Libby snickering behind me causing a smile to tug at my lips. Harry behaved like a child sometimes. We both thought the same thing as we laughed at him. I almost forgot Riley was there until he cleared his voice.

"Like I said, we're friends," he said, ignoring the raised eyebrows and suspicious looks in our group. He's so confident, I've never seen him so together before. Two years ago he was the shyest person I knew. He's changed. My disappearance must have caused that.

"So she knew you before she moved?" Libby asked. Oh great, now they're all going to ask questions. Riley doesn't seem like he'll tell them because he's already covered for me...but I can't tell what his intentions are. I can't tell anything about him anymore. I didn't know him.

"Something like that. We grew up together," he replied politely, without taking his eyes off me. It was getting kind of creepy. You know, my long lost brother shows up pretending to be my childhood best friend...how worse could it get?

"You were childhood sweethearts? Aw! That is adorable!" Jayden cooed, grinning at us both. I knew later he would harass me for details I didn't have. This time Matt was the one who slapped Jayden round the head causing my to bite the inside of my cheek to stop myself from laughing.

"She's more like a sister to me."

Ouch.

That probably stung him more than me. I was his sister, heck I am his sister. I abandoned him. I left him. He must be so mad right now, just like Zak was. How could I have done that to him? I was supposed to be there for him, but I wasn't. He counted on me. I was his other half, his twin sister, and I left him just like that, what kind of person would do that?