Chapter 2: A Bet and A New Guy

"Hey Nerd-lar!" Cole laughed, I wore an irritated look on my face, and tried to move past him, but he just carried on blocking me.

"Can you please move?" I asked politely, before I decided to punch him in the face.

"Nope!" He grinned, chuckling with the other three of his jerks'. I think he wanted a slap. I honestly think he does.

"If you don't move, I won't tutor you," I stated, hoping this would get him out of my way. I needed to walk home before it got dark.

"Whoa, man, you're getting tutored by nerd-lar?" Harry asked, with his thick accent, that I was sure made every girl go weak in the knees - well except me.

"Yes."

"No way!" The other one laughed, slapping Cole on his shoulder playfully. I looked over at Jayden, he should've hit him harder.

"Please, just move," I pleaded. I earned a sympathetic smile from the last boy of the four, Matt.

"Dude, we've got more important things to do," Matt interrupted, coming to my rescue. I gave him a small nod to show my thanks.

"Oh, nerd-lar, what time shall I stop by?" Cole asked. I panicked, he can't come over to my place, or he'll figure it out.

"Do we have to do it at my place?" I asked.

"Yup, I can't have people knowing you were at my house," he shrugged, why that little punk.

"Fine!" I snapped, and shoved the four out of my way. I took a deep breath before walking home.

As I walked, there was one thing on my mind. Cole. He's probably going to wonder why my parents aren't home, why I live in a one bedroom flat all by myself, and probably where all my things are. He's definitely not getting the answers to any of his questions. I sighed as I climbed the stairs. I slid my key into room 176, and twisted the door handle to let myself in.

I checked my watch, Cole would be arriving in an hour or so. I tidied up the place a bit, and tried to make it look a little more homier. But I still hadn't thought about what to tell him. I could say that I'm incredibly poor, but that wouldn't explain where my family was. Or I could say that my parents were on holiday, but that wouldn't explain the one bedroom flat.

I got it.

I wasn't worried that Cole wouldn't find my place, since I explained exactly where it was. Deciding he'd take his time getting here, I poured my self a glass of water. All I had was water, since I could hardly afford a can of coke on my salary, but hopefully that was about to change.

Knock

Knock

Knock

Cole's here. I opened the door and found him leaning against it, with his phone out.

"I'm going to shut this door, you have three seconds," I snapped. He quickly sauntered in, giving my accommodation a weird look.

"This is where you live?" He snorted.

"I'm sorry we don't all live in mansions."

"Whoa, calm down," he said, holding his hands up.

"You can take a seat over there," I said, pointing to my beaten up couch. He stared at it, horrified.

"What?" I asked.

"You don't expect me to sit on that, do you?" He asked.

"Yes, I do."

After five minutes of bickering, I finally got Cole to sit down. He uneasily squirmed on the couch. He placed his phone on the small wooden table.

"So where's your parents?" He asked. I knew this was coming.