Chapter Twenty-Seven

It's been a week since Deepika and Ranbir got together again. They were so happy, everybody was even jealous of them. It's been a week of pure love, happiness and peace. Katrina came into the picture only so she and Ranbir can file for the divorce but other than that, she was never there and that was very relaxing.

'Baby? What do you want to eat today?' Deepika yelled from the kitchen. Ranbir came into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around her from behind, 'anything from you' he breathed on her neck. She smiled as he tightened his grip on her.

He took her hand in his, 'I love this ring on you' he said and kissed her hand softly. 'And I'm not planning on taking it off' she said as she turned around to face him. 'Who said you'd ever take it off? It can never be taken off' Ranbir said.
Deepika wrapped her arms around his neck, 'Did you and Katrina talk about the final meeting for the divorce?' Deepika asked, 'not yet, but we're getting there don't worry' he said.

'I'll always be worried if you stay married to her' she said. She didn't want to be rude to Katrina, but Ranbir is hers now and she won't let Katrina take him this time. 'A little eager to get married, aren't we?' He joked, 'Please, you're the one who proposed so you're the one who's eager not me' she said and went to the fridge. 'Alright so we're both eager, how about that?' he asked as he tried to wrap his arms around her again. She turned around and stopped him, 'No, you are the one who's eager' she said and made her way to the oven.

'But baby, you're also eager to be with me' he said.
'No, you have to admit that you're more eager, so' Deepika said and you know what happens in the end, Women Always Win.

'I'm really eager to be with you' Ranbir said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katrina was sitting on her couch on her phone, watching the photos of her and Ranbir. She really couldn't believe it was over. Something inside of her told her she did the right thing but she's still broken. She loves Ranbir so much, it will take a long time to get over him but the scar will always remain.

She doesn't have a lot of friends to turn to and lean on their shoulders. She was alone in this world and for the first time, she actually knows what Deepika felt like when Ranbir cheated, left and then got engaged to her.
It was the most horrifying feeling ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Deepika, has Ranveer contacted you?' Ranbir asked as they sat on the couch and started eating,
'No, why?' she asked. 'He called me last night, saying he would like to hang with us' he said. 'Oh, alright. You don't mind do you?' 'No, not at all'

'Since when did you get so friendly?' Deepika asked, amused. 'Ever since I was sure you loved me' Ranbir answered casually. 'You sure about that?' She joked, Ranbir looked at her, 'What does that supposed to mean?' 'You know exactly what that means' Deepika answered with a smirk. She was getting to him.

Ranbir out the plate on the table and stood up.
He looked at her and slowly made his way towards her, he hovered over her , receiving a scream from her. 'Ranbir!' She yelled. He started tickling her,
'No Ranbir!' Deepika squealed with a laugh.

'Say that again' Ranbir said, challenging her.
'No stop!' They were a laughing mess,
'Say that you're sorry and you love me' Ranbir said and laughed against her. 'Okay okay! I love you and I'm sorry!' She screamed and laughed loudly.

Ranbir stopped and stood up, 'That wasn't so hard now, was it?' He asked. Before Deepika could answer, he carried her bridal style and went upstairs, 'What are you doing?' She asked, laughing slightly.
'I'm taking you out, isn't that obvious?' He asked as he set her down in front of her room.

'But I'm tired' she whined, she wanted to sit at home and in peace with him, 'Sorry, baby. Now go and wear something sexy for me' he said. 'Do I really have a choice?' she asked, 'Hmmm, not really' he said.

'Come on now, chop chop' he said, shoving her into her room to change. 'Okay okay! I can take it from here' Deepika smiled and stopped him from coming in, 'You sure about that? I could help you change' Ranbir teased her. Deepika laughed pushing him away, 'No!'
Ranbir smiled, 'Alright, well hurry up' he said and kissed her softly before going down. Deepika smiled after him and closed the door to change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They were walking down the streets, with no destination, they already had dinner and just wanted to go for a walk instead of sitting somewhere.

'Oh my god! Are those Deepika Padukone and Ranbir Kapoor?!' A couple of fan girls asked one another. Deepika and Ranbir heard and waved slightly to them.

The girls came running to them, 'Can we please take a picture with you guys?' Both girls were really excited. 'Sure, you can' Deepika smiled at them as all of them posed for a couple of pictures.

'Thank you guys so much!' The girls beamed and left. 'I'm glad they didn't say something to me' Deepika said. 'Baby, stop thinking like that, it's been a week and nobody said a word to you' Ranbir said.
Deepika has been worried that now people are thinking of her as a cheater but nobody actually has said a word, you know except on the news.

'But I just believe they think like that' she fought,
'Just stop worrying and enjoy your life. We're finally happy and we deserve this, alright?' Ranbir stated and kissed her on the lips. She kissed him back and wrapped her arms around his neck, they pulled away and walked hand in hand.

They were in love and nobody could change that.

I'm so sorry I haven't been uploading ❤️.