Chapter Twenty-Four

Recap;

'I don't want her, Deepika! I want you!' Ranbir yelled. He has had enough of this crap Deepika was saying. 'You can't have me! You're married!' she yelled back. 'Yes I'm married! But I love you, not her!' he said as he walked closer to her.
'You can't love me! Don't you get it?! I don't want to be this girl who you cheat with on your wife!' Deepika said as she didn't even notice him getting closer to her.

He stood right in front of her,
'You'll never be this girl.'
He said and crashed his lips on hers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Deepika's eyes grew wide open when she felt Ranbir's lips on hers. She quickly regained control and pulled him off of her. 'Stay away from me!' Deepika shouted as he stumbled back from her push.
'What? Don't you love me, deepika?' Ranbir asked as he got a hold of her shoulders.

She pushed him off again, 'No, just stay away from me.' she said once more. 'Why are you doing this to me? To us?' he asked. 'I'm not harming you, ranbir! This is for your own good. If this benefits anyone of us, it would be you' she said.

'Benefits me?! How?! I'm married to a woman who I don't love when the woman I love is standing right in front of me!' Ranbir said. 'Yes, it benefits you. You wouldn't want the whole world to think that you're some cheater, right?' she asked.
'It already happened once' Ranbir mumbled but Deepika heard him. He was talking about when he cheated on her, six years ago.

'Yes but it never happened to me. Look, I don't know how many times I have to tell you this, but please leave' she said and sat down on the couch.
'If you want me to leave, then come up to me and look me in the eye' Ranbir said.

'This is easy' Deepika thought.
'Just take a deep breathe and don't exhale.' she thought again.

She went right up to him and looked at him in the eye, she took a deep breathe 'leave, I don't want you' she said and felt pain in her heart.
Ranbir's face fell down, his eyes were already becoming red. 'Fine, Deepika. It looks like you know what you want. And guess what? You'll have it.
I'll leave right now and never come near you again.
I'll never talk to you again and in this way you would have no problem anymore, right?' He asked.

'Right' she answered quickly as she turned around to hide her tears from him. She heard Ranbir sigh and then heard the door slam shut.

The rest of the night went smoothly. Ranbir didn't even glance at Deepika the entire night except in her performance. Although, Deepika did try to sneak a peek at him but he never looked back. He actually meant it when he said he'd stay away from her.
And that hurt Deepika so much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'No Ranveer. I will not go to this party' Deepika said as they both walked into her kitchen.
'But it's my birthday, D. Come on, please' he said.
Deepika went to the sink and started washing her dish, 'I said no. Ranbir would be there and I don't want to see him' she said. 'But You told me it's completely fine to invite him' he said.
'Yeah? Well I lied. I didn't actually think you'd invite him. I still can't get over the fact that you're friends' Deepika said as she dried her hands with a towel.

'But we are friends now. Please come, I want to celebrate my birthday with you' Ranveer said.
'I don't wanna see him' Deepika mumbled but he heard her anyway. 'Didn't he tell you he's going to stay away from you? Maybe he will' he said.
'And maybe he won't! I can't risk anything. I'm done fighting with Katrina over something that's hers' Deepika said.

'But his heart isn't hers' Ranveer said as he leaned on the counter. 'I don't care, alright? His body is with her. He's married to her for crying out loud' Deepika said. 'Look, this is enough. I'll pick you up at seven and you better be ready because if you're not, then I'll have to force you' he said as he went for the door.

'You already are!' Deepika yelled from the kitchen.
'See you later, D!' Ranveer said and left the house.
Deepika sighed loudly, 'I'll not be at this party' she thought to herself and made a plan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was now 6:55 PM and Deepika was at her balcony. The balcony Ranbir broke in from. She was escaping tonight. She told Ranveer she doesn't want to go to the party and she won't.

She was now outside the house and it was almost 7. She quickly started running fast in case Ranveer saw her. She looked back and saw no cars at her house and that made her relieved. She continued running until she was far away from her home.
She stopped and took her breathe, she felt like she has just ran a marathon especially since she was running too fast.

She got out her phone which was silent and opened it. 'Oh shit' she whispered. There were 20 missed calls and 15 messages from Ranveer.
He will definitely kill her when he sees her again.
She quickly messaged him saying that she's fine and that she's out now. Once she texted him, she turned off her phone and put it back in her pocket.

'I told you I'm not going to this party and see him, Ranveer' she said to herself and started walking around the streets.