Chapter Twenty-One

Recap :

'I do'

Deepika broke down when she heard these two words. Why did she even watch this stupid wedding in the first place?! Now, she was a mess.

Everything's is over now, Ranbir's is married.
He is now officially married to Katrina kaif,
the person Deepika hates the most.

She stared at the TV as she watched Ranbir and Katrina walk down the aisle and then the TV presenter came on. Deepika quickly shut off the TV as she decided to go out. She couldn't stay at home.

She went to a shop near her place, to get a cup of coffee. She went inside and went to the cashier.
'One regular coffee please' she said.
'Right up, ma'am' the cashier said.

Deepika just stood there, waiting for the coffee
and then she looked at the TV and saw that it was a replay of Ranbir's wedding.

'Oh my god, is that Deepika Padukone? She must feel so sad right now. I feel bad for her'
Deepika heard someone from the workers saying that. She instantly looked at her with a scowl and she immediately shut up.
But Deepika wasn't done, she went over to the worker and stood right in front of her.

'If you have something to say to me, say it to my face!' Deepika yelled at her face and the whole shop looked at them.
'In really sorry I-' the worker started saying but Deepika didn't let her, 'don't talk when I'm talking! That stupid wedding means nothing to me!
Stop brining my name whenever you talk about this stupid Ranbir Kapoor, alright?!' Deepika continued yelling. Then, she turned around and looked at the whole shop who were staring at her, completely shocked.

'This is all for you, too! Me and him ended six years ago! Stop bringing us together! It's over!
He's married and it's done!' Deepika told the people and left the shop without taking the coffee.
She started walking quickly and then suddenly started running, running away from everything, from everybody. She got into her car and went over to the only person who could understand her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ranbir and Katrina went inside their hotel room.
As soon as Ranbir closed the door after him, he was attacked by a hug from Katrina.
'I can't believe we're finally married babe!' Katrina said. Ranbir didn't hug back, he just got her off of him and went to their bedroom to sleep.

'What are you doing?' Katrina asked as Ranbir took off suit's jacket and laid on the bed.
'Going to sleep' Ranbir answered and made himself comfortable in bed. 'Going to sleep?! Ranbir, this is our wedding night!' Katrina yelled.
'No. It's your wedding night, not mine' he said as he closed his eyes. Katrina scoffed and went to the bathroom.

Ranbir opened his eyes as soon as he heard the bathroom door close. He sighed deeply as he replayed today in his mind. He can't believe he's married to Katrina. She was his dream girl but not anymore. He found it weird how he can just fall in love with Deepika that easily and that fast.
Maybe he has never fell out of love with Deepika.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Kalk..' Deepika whispered as she sat down next to her old friend's grave. He was the only one Deepika could talk to right now. Although, he wouldn't answer her but still she felt like he would listen to her.

'So today, guess what happened?' Deepika started saying to Kalk. 'Ranbir got married. He got married to Katrina. The girl I hate the most.
It's all over now, Kalk. I can never look at Ranbir like before. You probably don't know what I'm about to tell you, you see .. me and Ranbir had a movie together. We fell in love again. We were happy,
but then came Katrina. I believe that she's the devil himself. She found Ranbir at my room, I know it looks and sound bad but I love him, Kalk.
She threatened us she'll tell everybody that we cheated if Ranbir leaves her. We had no choice, Ranbir had to marry her. Today was their wedding, I saw it on TV. It was so hard to hear him say 'I do' .
It felt like a knife went into my heart and still hasn't come out. I feel dead, Kalk. I don't wanna get depressed again because as last time, he won't be there with me. I miss you, Kalk. I just wish you were here with me in person so you can answer me.
I have nobody now. I feel lost' Deepika said as she ran her hand over Kalk's grave.

Deepika got up and stared at the grave,
'I love you, Kalk' she said and walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two days later;

'Hey babe' Ranveer said as he kissed Deepika's cheek. 'Hey' she said as she let him inside her house.
Were they dating? Sort of. Nothing official.
They just have an open relationship.

They sat down next to each other and watched the news.

'Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina kaif spending their honeymoon in Maldives. Katrina stated that they are having so much fun together. We are very happy for them' the Tv presenter said.

Deepika just looked away from the screen and Ranveer just shut the TV off.
He pulled Deepika close and hugged her,
'I'm sorry.' He said softly. 'Not your fault' Deepika said and rested her head on his shoulder.

Can she ever overcome this pain? Can she move on from Ranbir and start a new love story?
She didn't know but she can only do one thing.

Hope.