Chapter ten

'I should go' Deepika sad as she pulled away from the longest hug she's ever received.
'Deepika, I want you to know that I never forgot about him and I never will' Ranbir said.
'Okay' she said with a slight smile and began to walk away.

'Hey, Deepika?' Ranbir half yelled.
'Yes?'
'He'll always be my best friend' Ranbir assured her.
'Okay' she said once again with the same smile and walked away.

Ranbir walked to his room, thinking about nothing else but sleeping. He was so tired.

'Ranbir!' Katrina yelled as he closed the door.
He closed his eyes tight and turned around.
She was wearing her night gown, 'yes?' he asked.
'Where were you? And don't lie to me, Ranbir' Katrina was pacing around the room with her arms on her waist. 'I was walking around' he said.
'And you lied' Katrina said and stopped walking.
'Next time when you want to 'walk' with her, make sure you're not hugging for more than five minutes in front of my window!' Katrina yelled. Ranbir was shocked, he didn't know Katrina was spying on him. Then again, it was in front of her window, but he didn't know she was awake. 'Katrina nothing happened' Ranbir said as he walked towards the bed. As he was going to sit, Katrina grabbed his arm and pulled him back up. 'Don't lie to me! Why were you hugging her, huh? You have been secretly meeting her with the excuse of wanting to walk! I knew letting you take this movie was a bad idea!' Katrina said. Ranbir grabbed her arm tightly, 'letting me take what?! That's my work, not yours! My movies, my choices, not yours! Stop pretending you're controlling everything in your life because you're not controlling me! When I do as you say, I only do it because I want to do it. I do it because I don't want to listen to you always shouting for hours!
I'm sick and tired of always following your rules.
But no Katrina, from now on you'll go by my rules if you want this engagement to keep on going so we can actually get married!' Ranbir said as he let go of her arm roughly, went to the bathroom and closed the door shut behind him. Katrina was standing, completely shocked. For the first time in years, she was out of words. She didn't know how to respond. She didn't know how to respond because she knew if she said another word, he would be gone.
She didn't know how to respond because deep down, she knew he was right.

Ranbir didn't know what came over him. He has never yelled at Katrina like that, he has never yelled like that at anyone in general. He felt like he wanted somebody to comfort him. The only person who knows how he feels about this whole marriage is Deepika.. And Kalk.

Even though Kalk died before they got engaged,
Ranbir still was insecure about their relationship.
Kalk always told him to end it instead of hurting Katrina, but he never listened. After Kalk's death,
He became even more committed to Katrina by proposing to her. He didn't know why he did this even high Kalk advised him not to.
He wanted to make Kalk angry. Kalk left Ranbir alone and that made Ranbir angry. He wanted to make him feel just the way he felt.. angry, sad, frightened. A part of Ranbir didn't want to lose Katrina, maybe because she has been with him for too long that he got used to her presence.

He couldn't stay in the bathroom forever, he needed to get out and he couldn't stay with Katrina.
Not tonight.

He got out of the bathroom, to the door directly.
He saw Katrina standing in their bedroom, still in the same position he left her but he continued his way towards the door and shut it tight behind him.

Deepika was sitting in her room when a knock came on the door. Her face was still tired and her eyes were red. she got up from the couch slowly and opened the door.

'Can I stay the night here?' Ranbir asked.