Chapter eleven

'What happened?' Deepika asked. She sensed something has happened with Katrina. No, she was sure of it. 'Nothing. Just tired' Ranbir said. 'Tired? You have your own room, Ranbir. Go sleep there' Deepika said. 'Fine whatever' Ranbir sighed before turning away. Deepika got a hold of his hand quickly, 'Aye! hold up' she said. He looked at her with those tired eyes, 'what?'
Deepika looked into his eyes, 'what's wrong?' she asked softly. 'I fought with Katrina.'

And hearing no more, she let him in her room..

'Want something to drink?' Deepika decided to be nice first before asking Ranbir about Katrina.
'No. I just want to sleep' he lied on the couch and closed his eyes. Deepika kneeled down in front of him. 'I don't know what happened but nothing deserves for you to be that sad' Deepika said as she ran her hand through his hair. Ranbir opened his eyes slowly, 'Wrong decisions' he said.
'Wrong-? What?' Deepika was really confused now.
'I regret a lot of things, Deepika. Things that I can't bring back, things that aren't mine anymore.' he said. 'Then why don't you try and get them back?' she asked. 'Can I bring Kalk back? Can I bring you back?' Ranbir asked, as his eyes started to water and there was a line under his eyes. Deepika looked down as she removed her hand from his hair.
'No. You can't bring Kalk back. And if you try harder, maybe you'll get me back' Deepika said. 'How?'
'I don't know. Just make me feel like I'm worth something to you. Make me feel like I deserve fighting for' she said. Ranbir smiled slightly as his hand softly touched Deepika's cheek.

'You are'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Deepika woke up with a loud bang on the door.
She almost fell from the bed. She looked over at Ranbir who looked just as shocked as her. He was still on the couch, looking like he has just woken up like Deepika. Deepika got up quickly and opened the door. 'Where is my fiancé?!' Katrina asked.
Deepika was about to respond but Katrina pushed her aside and barged into the room.
'What the hell are you doing here?! We had a fight about her last night yet you still came here?!' Katrina was so angry, her face was like a strawberry.
Ranbir got up from the couch, clutching his head into his hands. His headache was killing him and he didn't need Katrina right now with all her yelling.
'Hey stop it! Who do you think you are barging into my room like that!' Deepika yelled as she walked over Katrina. 'I'm Ranbir's fiancé! The guy who slept in your room instead of mine. I'm the one who's dating him, not you!' Katrina yelled. 'I feel sorry for him that he's dating you! He has to wake up every morning, listening to your stupid voice!' Deepika said. 'Well at least I achieved what you couldn't! In less than a year, Ranbir proposed to me! Me, not you! He wants to marry me! He didn't cheat on me three times like he-!'

'STOP IT!' Ranbir yelled loudly. He couldn't believe Katrina talking to Deepika like that. 'How dare you talk to her like this! What are you thinking?!
How could you talk about something like that?!' Ranbir yelled. He looked over to Deepika, to see her eyes water. She was going to cry. He moved over to hug her but she stopped him. 'No! She's right! I'm the one you cheated on, three times! I'm the one who was so naïve for giving you a lot of chances. I'm the one who never satisfied you! She is right.
In our relationship, our love was one sided.
I loved you but you didn't love me. You never did. That's why you proposed to her and not me! That's why you couldn't stay faithful for four months without cheating!' Deepika yelled but never cried.
Not now.

Ranbir didn't know what to say. He deserved every single word. He wanted to kill himself right here, right now from all the pain he has caused to Deepika. Never in his life did he think that Deepika hated him so much, but she wrong about one thing.

'You're wrong about one thing Deepika.
Our love wasn't one sided. I loved you.
I loved you so much' he said as he walked quickly to the door with Katrina following.

As she heard the door getting shut, the tears came out unintentionally. Deepika knew she had lost Ranbir a long time ago. But never in her life did she think it would hurt her this bad.