Chapter eighteen

Ranbir and Katrina went on set to say goodbye,
just a casual goodbye .. They'll be back in two days, no big deal. Everyone hugged them and told their prayers to Katrina. 'Thank you' Katrina said to everyone who prayed for her father.

Ranbir was just standing there, hugging anyone who hugged him. His face was still red as he looked very tired. Nobody asked what's wrong as they considered he was sad for Katrina's father.
Ranbir noticed somebody was missing, Deepika.
Of course she wouldn't be there, telling her love goodbye and wish him a happy life with his fiancé.

Nevertheless, he looked around for her everywhere.
He just wanted to see her, even if it's for a second before he leaves.

Suddenly, he felt somebody walking behind him and then stopped. He turned around and saw this beautiful woman in front of him. Deepika.
She was actually here.
They stared at each other, not knowing what to do.
Ranbir could see Deepika's dried tears on her cheeks. He walked towards her slowly and stopped when he was right in front of her.

He looked down at her, 'I'll miss you' he whispered.
'Me too' she whispered back.
'I-' 'Shhh. It's okay, I'll be okay. It's all going to be okay' Deepika cut him off.
Ranbir tried to smile but couldn't.
He was just so broken to do so, he leaned closer so his lips were close to her forehead.
'I love you. I'll always love you' he said.
'I'll always love you too' she said softly.

She leaned up and hugged him tightly.
She didn't want to let him go, she just wanted him to stay in her arms forever. He hugged back tightly and pulled her closer. Nobody wanted to let go.
They stayed hugging until they decided it was time to let go. Deepika smiled one more time before slowly walking away. Their fingers brushed as Ranbir finally let go of her hand.
She was gone. Gone forever.

A week later;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Deepika was back in her home. The cast are taking a break for a month. She left the day after Ranbir left.
She just wanted to spend the whole month in her home. She was watching TV when her phone rang.
She didn't even try to see who was it as she just concentrated on the TV. She hasn't answered any phone call or any door knock for the past week.
She just wanted to shut herself down.
She just usually sat down on the sofa not moving, not even for food. She hasn't been eating well also and she was losing weight. Lots of it.

'DEEPIKA!' Somebody banged at the door.
Deepika sighed as she covered her ear with her hand and shut her eyes tightly. She knew that somebody was Ranveer. He has been coming up to her place everyday but she never answered or even thought of it. She didn't need him right now.
She always knew that he called a lot of times but she didn't even see his number. She knew that if she opened her phone now, she would see 100s of missed calls and text messages.

'Deepika I'll break the door!' Ranveer yelled.
Deepika knew he couldn't, the door was made of steel. She was safe here, nobody can disturb her.

'Deepika open up! Dammit!' Ranveer just continued yelling and banging on the door.
Deepika just got up from the sofa and went upstairs to her room. She could watch TV there and there will be less disturbance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ranbir was sitting on the bed, watching the news when Katrina came up and kissed his cheek.
He pushed her off and wiped his cheek.
She has been trying to be close to him but he always pushed her away. He hates her now.
'Dammit Ranbir! I'm your fiancé, why can't you let me kiss you?' Katrina asked. 'Because I don't want you near me' Ranbir said. She has asked this question multiple times and Ranbir answered with the same answer every time.
'Why do you love her so much?!' Katrina yelled as she stood up. 'You'll never understand' Ranbir said as he hugged the cushion and looked at the TV

Katrina took the remote control and shut the TV off.
'Yes, I will understand! Try me!' Katrina said.
Ranbir got up and stood in front of her,
'She's sweet and caring. She never used me to get herself more money or interviews or movies.
She still respected you after all what you've done to her. She is always there for me when I need her.' Ranbir started saying then sat back down and continued, 'she has the most beautiful smile with those amazing dimples. She has beautiful eyes that anyone who die by looking into them.
That's why I love her' he said and looked up at Katrina. 'I will go to the bathroom' she said and quickly left Ranbir alone.
Ranbir sighed and continued watching TV.

'Deepika Padukone depressed again? 'Piku' actress has been staying in her home for a week now.
Sources told us that she has lost a lot of weight and doesn't want to talk to anyone' the broadcast girl said.

Ranbir immediately shut off the TV and stood still.
Deepika is depressed again and this time will be just like the last one. He won't be there for her and she will suffer alone. He needed to leave the house so he can at least check on her. But how with Katrina always by his side? He had to think of something.