Chapter fifteen

Recap:

She started walking away when Ranbir got a hold of her wrist and turned her around.
He looked at her beautiful face and wiped her tears away. One of his hands fell on her cheek as the other one fell on her waist. His face started to get closer to hers as he pressed his lips against hers.

Ranbir has kissed Deepika.

Deepika couldn't move. She stood still as Ranbir's lips touched hers. She knew the right thing to do was to push him away but she couldn't.
Deepika was always the girl who went by the rules, she wanted even for once to break a rule and now was her chance. She hesitantly took a step forward to get closer to Ranbir. He took this as a chance to deepen the kiss. The kiss was still soft, their lips weren't moving much. They were just enjoying the feeling. Ranbir removed his hand on her cheek to pull her even closer by placing his other hand on her waist. Deepika placed her hands on his shoulders as she moved her lips against his.
They were so close, there was no distance between them now. Deepika slowly but regretfully pulled away and looked into his eyes. Her cheeks were red and her face was scared yet happy.
None of them talked, they just stared at each other.

After a while of them being in each other's arms, Deepika has finally decided to break the silence.
'Ranbir I-' but she was cut off. 'Shhh, just let me enjoy this moment before it ends' Ranbir said as he rested his forehead against Deepika's.
Deepika just obliged and leaned into Ranbir's touch.
'Ranbir, I have to go. It's getting late' Deepika said.
'I don't want this to end' Ranbir said as he tightened his hold against Deepika's waist. 'Neither do I but we can't let anyone see us like this' Deepika said.
Ranbir sighed and slowly pulled away, his fingers brushing over Deepika's waist. 'We'll talk about this again' Deepika assured him as she turned around. 'Hey Deepika?' Ranbir said. She turned around, 'yes?' she asked softly. Ranbir went over to her and kissed her softly. She pulled away after a few seconds, 'just that' he said. Deepika smiled, showing her dimples and walked away. Ranbir smiled, biting his lips, he felt like jumping and dancing.
He was extremely happy, no words can describe his feelings now. Smiling, he walked to the hotel, up to his room.

Ranbir walked into his room to see Katrina watching TV. 'Hey' he said as he placed the key card on the table. 'Hi baby' she said and continued watching TV.
'Come watch this movie with me' she said.
Ranbir went over and sat down.
Katrina hooked her arm with his and cuddled up to him, 'I missed you. Where were you?' she asked as she rested her head on his shoulder. 'An old friend called me, we haven't talked in a while' Ranbir said. He knew she wouldn't know he was lying as he didn't talk to Deepika in front of her window this time.
'I'm gonna go and sleep, you coming?' Katrina asked.
'I'll watch something and then come' Ranbir said and smiled softly. 'Okay baby' Katrina said and kissed him goodbye. As she went and closed the bedroom door after her, Ranbir wiped his mouth with his hands and pulled out his phone. 'Hey baby' he texted Deepika. After a few minutes, he received a a text.
'You're still awake?' her text said. 'Wouldn't be talking to you if I were, I miss you' he texted back.
'I miss you too' she texted back.
'Come and meet me at 4 in the morning, same place' he texted. 'Too early?' 'No, I want to talk to you while making sure no one is watching' he texted.
'Then come to my room for more safety' she texted back. 'Alright. Goodnight babe' he texted.
'Goodnight'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ranbir kept waking up every 30 minutes to make sure he won't miss meeting Deepika.
It was 3:30 in the morning now and he couldn't wait any longer. He had slept on the chair, in front of the TV. He didn't want sleep next to Katrina as it would make her wake up when he goes and meets Deepika.
He got up from the chair and went out of the room, making sure not to wake Katrina up.

He practically ran to Deepika's room, still making sure no one was watching him. He knocked on the door but no answer. He was going to knock again but then remembered he was early. 'Shit' he cursed.
He brought up his phone and called Deepika.
'Hello?' a sleepy voice answered. 'Deepika, I'm outside your room. Open up' he said and hung up.
Second later, Deepika opened the door and let him in. 'Why are you here early?' she asked, sleepy.
'If I didn't come now, I would've fallen asleep and never came' Ranbir said. 'Wait here. I'll be right back' she said and went to the bathroom. She needed to wash her face to stay awake.

Finally, she went out and saw Ranbir laying on the couch. She smiled as she went over to him.
When he saw her he got up and sat properly so she can sit next to him. As soon as she sat down, he brought her closer and softly pressed his lips against hers. Deepika smiled and kissed back.
She slowly brought her hands to his face and cupped it. She pulled away way too soon, 'what now, Ranbir?' she asked. 'What do you mean?'
'I mean what are we? Are we friends? Are we more than friends?' she asked. 'Look Deepika, you know we can't say anything publicly right now. We need to stay a secret' Ranbir said. 'Until when? I never thought that when I get back with you, I would have to keep it in the dark' Deepika sighed.
'Trust me, this will all work out.' he said. 'Okay' she said and smiled at him. He smiled back, 'Now! I have something really important to ask you' Ranbir said as he got down on his knees.
Deepika laughed, 'what are you doing?' she asked.
He got a hold of her hands, 'Deepika Padukone, will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?' Ranbir asked as he smiled cutely. Deepika smiled big,
'Of course I would love to be your girlfriend' Deepika said quickly. Ranbir smiled as he sat back down and kissed her. He cupped her cheeks and kissed her deeply. She placed her hand on where his hand is and kissed him back. She has been waiting for this for so long. Of course she didn't want it to be in the dark, but she still wanted to be with him.
And if it has to be in the dark, then so be it.
She will do anything to be with him.

She loves him.