Helping

Lacey's POV

I stood in his office, waiting for them to come back. I couldn't believe that I snapped at him like that. I was such a terrible person. I knew it was wrong when I saw the look in his eyes, but I couldn't help myself. Ferlon was right there. He could be dead right now and I could be at peace of mind knowing he's dead. But I'm not. I'm not because Kelly is just too damn good. He's the best, and I let my hatred for Ferlon cloud my judgement.

Kelly was not a coward. He was the bravest guy I know.

I sat there for what seems like forever. It was only about an hour until I heard everyone return.

I shot straight up in his bed, sitting there and waiting for him to walk through the door.

And he did.

"Kelly!" I squeaked nervously as he trudged through the door.

He didn't even look at me. He just walked over to his desk and sat down.

"Kelly?" I called again and stood up, praying that he'll talk to me.

But he didn't say anything.

"Kelly!" I yelled this time.

He jumped

"What do you want?" He asked in a low growl.

I inhaled sharply. He was angry. I could tell. "I want to apologize." I said quietly.

"Oh yeah?" He yelled and this time I jumped. "Just so you can turn around and scream in my face?" He turned in his chair so that he was facing me. "You want my forgiveness so you can turn around and call me a fucking coward again!" His face was red now. He was full blown screaming at me.

I had never seen him like this. It scared me. I could physically feel myself cowering to him.

"You don't think that it ran through my mind to leave that bastard in that fucking apartment? Just let him die for all the pain he's caused you!" He stood up. His chest was heaving. He was breathing heavy, and he was probably going to walk out any minute.

"I want nothing but for that bastard to be out of our lives for good! I want him in the ground!" He screamed even louder. I was sure everyone in the house could hear him in his rage.

I was afraid to make eye contact with him again, but I did it. He was staring back at me, huffing and puffing.

"Kelly, I'm sorry." I whispered, waiting for him to explode again.

He kept looking at me, saying nothing.

"Please say something." I begged. "Anything."

He walked over to me, slowly. "I'm sorry." He cooed then took my face in his hands and kissed my lips hard and passionately.

Our tongues connected, sending me into a fit of passion. I fisted my hands in his hair, pulling him closer to me.

His hand wrapped around my waist as he gently eased himself on top of me. I laid back as he climbed up onto me.

"I love you, Kelly." I whispered softly against his lips with raggid breaths.

He looked into my eyes. "I love you too, Lacey." He put his lips back on mine.

"Shit." I pushed him off, realizing that the blinds weren't down.

"What?" He asked,  thrown off by my sudden push.

I stood up. "The blinds aren't down." I grinned at him as I pulled the blinds down.

"Good thing you caught that. Boden would kill me if he knew I had you in here." He laughs as he sprawls out on the bed. "Now get over here." He motioned for me to embrace him.