I'm Sorry

Severide's POV

I woke up, my head was pounding and the light intensified the pain. I sat up in my bed. I was still fully clothed. I must've came in and passed out after I went to Lacey's apartment.

Shit. I went to Lacey's apartment.

I couldn't believe I actually did that.

I got up and walked out to the kitchen. Matt was making himself some breakfast.

"Hey, man." I said casually as I walked to get some orange juice.

Matt flipped a pancake. "Hey. How was your night?"

I grabbed a glass from the cupboard. "Fine, except I went to Lacey's and told her I love her while Antonio was there." I poured my orange juice, afraid to look up at Matt.

"What?" He sounded as if he couldn't believe it.

"I was drunk!" I defended and look up him.

He just shrugged and shook his head. "That still doesn't change it."

I waved my hands. "I know, I know." I took a drink of my orange juice. "Antonio and Lacey." I sighed. "She moved on quick."

"She just needs you to be her lieutenant right now, man." He took his finished pancake and tossed it on a plate. "You should probably apologize to her."

I nodded in agreement. "I'm going to go over there right now."

"Good luck man." Matt told me.

"Thanks." I replied then finished my orange juice. I put the glass in the sink then went to my room. I decided on a red t-shirt, jeans and black Nikes.

I made it out to my car and was on my way to Lacey's.

My hands were clammy and my stomach was in knots as I arrived at her apartment building. I got out and walked slowly across the street.

How was I going to deal with this. I didn't even know how to apologize to her. I'm sorry Lacey for coming over, ruining your date and telling you I love you?

Shit.

I forgot I said that. That's the worst part. I was in lust, not love right? Right. Kelly Severide doesn't fall in love this fast.

I inhaled deeply as I knocked on the door. I heard footsteps and the door unlocked.

Lacey opened the door and her eyes widened. "Kelly? Why are you here again?"

I locked eyes with her and smiled shyly. "I came to say I'm sorry. Lace, I-"

"What's going on Lace?" Antonio called from behind her and came into view. He was in a pair of dress pants. Only dress pants. Nothing else. The same ones he had on last night.

Then it clicked. Antonio had spent the night. She fucked him.

I felt as if my heart was shattered.

"Oh, hey, Severide." Antonio waved and smirked at me.

I ought to wipe the grin right off of his fucking face.

"Hey, Antonio." I waved back politely. I needed to keep my cool. Lacey was just a fling. I got her over her husband and that was it. "Lacey." My eyes darted back to her. "I'm sorry I came over last night and interrupted your date. I shouldn't have. I was drunk and being a total ass. I shouldn't have done anything I did. I'm really sorry." I looked back to Antonio. "I'm sorry too, man."

Antonio nodded and smiled at me. "It's fine, man. All water under the bridge already."

I grinned back and him and looked at Lacey. Something looked off about her.