You're her partner, start acting like it

Severide's POV

"The last time I was here, I had no intention of ever coming back again. And now look," She laughed and plopped her ass down on the couch. "I'm moving in."

I sat down next to her. "You know you don't have to live here if you want. We can arrange for you to live with someone else." I chuckled and threw my arm around her.

"No, no, no." She giggled. "We won't be able to find someone else to deal with my crazy ass." She suddenly twisted her body, threw her leg across my lap and got up onto me. She was now sitting on my lap, straddling it, looking into my eyes. "Kelly, I'm so thankful for how amazing you have been the past couple of months. I don't know where I'd be if it wasn't for you."

I couldn't help but smile. "I'm glad you let me back in."

"Well, when you think for days that you don't know if you're ever going to see the person you love again, you don't take anything for granite again." She mumbled.

I felt my stomach twist in knots at the mention of what happened to her. I felt my face heat up. "Don't say shit about that." I warned her.

"But I need to talk about it with you." She pleaded.

But I was too furious to listen. I couldn't even hear anyone talk about it. All I thought about was how I didn't help her. I didn't save her fast enough.

"No!" I yelled in her face and pushed her off of me.

"Why not?" She whimpered.

"Ugh." I groaned furiously and stood up.

I made my way into my room, slamming the door.

I just needed to calm down some. I had to.

I wanted to go find Ferlon and rip his throat out for what he did.

I wanted to rip out my own for what I didn't do.

I suddenly felt the urge to cry sneak up on me. I couldn't do that now. Not with Lacey here.

Ugh. I just didn't know why she wanted to talk about it so much with me. If I was here I would just want to forget it.

"Kelly?" I heard her call as she knocked softly on the door.

I didn't respond.

Then the door opened and she walked into the room.

"Kelly, what's wrong with you?" She asked shyly. Like she was afraid of me.

I turned my back to her. "I'm fine."

"No, you're not." She said sternly and grabbed my arm.

I spun around. "I'm fucking fine!" I screamed in her face.

"Stop it!" She yelled out in a cry. "I've been trying to get through to you for months and you won't let me in. If I'm going to live here then I need you to listen to me!" Her eyes searched my face for something.

But I wasn't giving her anything.

"Kelly, please." She cried.

It made me want to cry too.

"I need you to talk to me."

I didn't say anything.

"Fine." She spat and threw her hands up in the air. "I'm sure Dawson will let me stay with her and Matt." She turned on a heel and walked out of the apartment.

Shit. What did I just do?

**************************************