Saturday

Lacey's POV

Today was the day. Today I was going to meet Antonio's kids, Diego and Eva. And his ex wife, Laura. I was both nervous and excited.

I looked in the mirror, my hair was pulled into a pony tail with a Chicago White Sox hat on. It was now June so I was also in jean shorts and a white tank top. My flip flops matched my shirt and my toe nails were painted navy blue.

I heard the knock on my door. Antonio was here.

I breathed in deeply and got the door. I opened it and Antonio was standing there, wearing a white t-shirt, tan cargo shorts and grey athletic shoes.

"You look cute." Antonio told me with a grin.

I blushed and laughed. "You don't look too bad yourself."

"Are you ready?" He asked and grabbed my hand.

I sighed. "As ready as I'll ever be."

"You'll have fun, I promise." He told me then put his arm around me.

"Honestly," I sighed. "I'm afraid of Laura."

Antonio chuckled as we walked to his car. "Laura will be thrown off-guard, but she's dating someone else, so you'll be fine."

We made it to his car. I got in and before I knew it, we were on our way to Diego's game.

************

It was sunny and 80 degrees out. It was a great turn out for a June day in Chicago.

"Shit, Antonio," I gasped from the passengers seat. "We're here."

"Well no shit, Lace." He laughed. "You'll be fine."

I bit my lip. "I don't know if I can do this." I confessed, feeling an overwhelming feeling of uncertainty.

Antonio put his hand on my leg. "Lacey, please, I know you're nervous, but it'll be okay."

I exhaled."Okay." I then got out of the car and rushed to Antonio's side. I intertwined our fingers as soon as I reached him.

He gave my hand a squeeze and we walked over to the bleachers. In the bleachers I could see who Antonio was smiling up at. A little brown haired girl, a pre teen boy who looked just like him and of course, a middle aged woman with dark brown hair. It was Laura.

"Hey guys!" Antonio called up to them.

"Daddy!" Eva screamed and ran down the bleachers to the ground where Antonio and I were at.

Antonio squatted down and pulled Eva into a hug. "Hey sweetie!" He laughed then picked her up off the ground.

"I missed you, daddy." She told him and burried her nose into his neck.

He put his hand on the back of her head. "I missed you too, hunny." He cooed.

She pulled her head up and made eye contact with me. "Who's this?" She asked and pointed at me.

Antonio grinned from ear to ear. "This is my girlfriend, Lacey."

Eva looked confused. "I though mommy is your girlfriend?"

Antonio shook his head. "Mommy and I broke up."

"Why?"

"Because mommy broke up with me." Antonio replied.

Eva looked at me. "I want you and mom together. Not you and her!" She yelled then pushed away until Antonio let her on the ground.

I watched her run back up to her mom and Laura shake her head dissaprovingly at me.