She's Gone

Severide's POV

I woke up because someone was pounding on the door.

"Hold on!" I shouted and jumped out of bed. I threw on some shorts and made my way to the door.

I opened it to see Antonio. His eyes were bloodshot and he looked extremely worried.

"Antonio?" I asked.

"Have you seen her?" He asked quickly. "I went to her apartment and she's not there.  Her car is, but she's not."

"What? Who?" I asked confused.

"Lacey." Antonio cried. "We broke up yesterday and she took off from my son's baseball game. I thought I'd give her some time to cool down, but now she's missing. No one has seen her since yesterday.ñ

My stomach flipped. Lacey was missing? I couldn't even process that. After my sister had gone missing and all the terrible things that happened to her, I couldn't imagine what was happening to Lace.

"Let me get dressed and I'll help you look." I told Antonio.

He nodded and followed me inside as I went into my room to put on clothes.

"Who was that?" Kenna asked from my bed.

Let's just say our date went really well last night. We hit things off great, but right now, even a beautiful, naked girl in my bed wouldn't stop me from finding Lacey.

"It's my friend, Antonio. One of my paramedics at house 51 has gone missing. I need to go help find her."

Kenna sat up, wide eyed. "Yeah. Of course. I'll just get dressed and leave then."

I pulled my t-shirt over my head. "Thank you for understanding." I told her then leaned down and kissed her. "I'll see you soon."

She smiled at me. "You better." She teased.

I grinned at her then rushed out the door to help Antonio.

"Do you have any idea where she went?" I asked quickly as we darted down the hall of the apartment building.

"No, but I have a theory." Antonio said in a worried tone.

I opened the door for him. "What is it?"

He sprinted through the door and I followed.

"I've been after a drug lord. His name's Ferlon. I've been getting close to getting him. He sent me a warning two days before Lace dissapeared. He said he'd make my life a living hell and I wouldn't know what to do if I kept on him. I didn't think he'd kidnap anyone."

I almost fell to the ground. Some drug lord might have Lacey?

"How bad is this guy?" I chocked out as we got into Antonio's car.

"Bad." He whispered and turned the key in the ignition. "He's responsible for the death of three police officers in the past year alone."

"Why didn't anyone take him down before you?" I almost screamed in anger. If they had gotten him before. Lacey might not be missing.

Antonio sighed. "He's untouchable. He isn't technically tied to the crimes. There's no hard evidence. He had guys do his dirty work for him."

My hands clenched into fists. "How do we catch this guy?"

"He'll send us something. Eventually."

I threw my head back against the head rest. "What do we do until then?"

Antonio shrugged and hit the gas. "Look other places and pray we find her."

I sighed and silently prayed that Lacey was okay.