Chapter 5.

I spent the rest of the night with Jason's arm around my waist and tried not to speak too much to Tyler, which was killing me. Every time he would come near and smile at me, or I would have to say something to him-Jason's grip would tighten around my waist and his hand would dig into my side, I tried as best as I could to hide his actions but I think Tyler caught a grimace here and there.  He would give me weird looks and then his eyes would dart between me and Jason, though he never bothered to say anything.

Least to say, the night couldn't seem to go any faster, it was perfectly content with dragging everything out for me. I was psyched to see Tyler again after all this time, and all I was wanted to run into his arms. But I couldn't.

When Jason finally decided that we were going to leave, he grabbed me by the arm and started to lead me out of the house. I tried to keep a smile on my face and not wince from how tight his grip on my arm was but it was a strain. I heard someone call my name and turned my head to see Tyler waving, he carefully made  his way through the crowd as he tried to catch up.

Jason either didn't notice or didn't care, my money was on the later of it, but he kept pulling me along till we got out of the crowd. His speed even gained as he heard Tyler calling my name, and his grip tightened on me arm. I could even see his jaw clench tighter, making my stomach sick as I knew what was going to happen when I got home.

"Kota, wait!" Tyler called again as he finally made it out of the house. Jason finally gave up with a huff and dropped his hand from my arm down to my hand really quick, then turned to Ty with a fake, happy grin on his face. He gave off the impression that he just realized Tyler was there, and it seemed that Tyler bought it, and I gave him a small smile when he reached us.  "So you're just leaving, not even going to say goodbye?" Tyler's voice held confusion, his green eye's swirling with hurt. "I mean, we haven't seen each other in 4 years," he said with a sad smile on his face.

"I was going to, I just didn't see you and thought you had left." I lied quickly with a smile still on my face, though just that small white lie made my stomach turn. Jason squeezed my hand and I knew he wanted me to try better, that it was a sorry excuse for a lie. But nonetheless I had to keep anything from my face, especially because I wanted to wince and hiss in pain.

"Well I'm still here. So, do I get a hug?" he opened his arms ever so slightly. When I stayed still and didn't say anything, Jason squeezed my hand really hard, almost making me break my mask. Then he suddenly let go, and I caught him flicker his eye's towards me annoyed, letting me know I could hug him but that I was still in trouble.

"Of coarse!" I smiled widely and took a couple steps forwards into his awaiting arms. He must of known something was wrong, right? I never hesitate... But when he didn't say anything, I sighed in relief.

Tyler's arms quickly closed in on me and crushed me into him. It was in no way painful though, it was warm and caring, comforting... it was home. I let out a breath as I relaxed into the hug and wished I could stay in his arms forever, it was safe in his arms. Even so, I stepped back before I could get into any more trouble with Jason. His eyes were raging silently, even though his face was still pleasant. Anyone could easily just suspect that as jealousy though, not hatred.

"It was great seeing you again Ty, I'm glad you're back." my words were genuine, as was my smile. I had been waiting so long for Tyler to return to me... but I couldn't have him. He was my best friend, my rock... but with Jason here, I wasn't sure what would happen with him. If I would ever be able to have the same relationship with Tyler as I used to, if I could even have one at all.

"Me too, maybe we could catch up sometime soon?" he asked hopefully, a sparkle in his green eyes danced in the moonlight, his normal playful smile back on his lips.