Chapter 2.

I got out of the shower, got dressed, then sat in front of the mirror and put on a minimal amount of makeup. When I finished that, I took my hair out of its bun and let it fall into it's natural brown curls around my shoulders. I had always thought my hair was weird, but Ty likes it and says it's beautiful, which is a comment I normally roll my eyes at. I took one last look at my hair and steel blue, silver lined eyes, then left the bathroom, skipping down the stairs where I met my parents at the bottom.

"Ready." I chirped with a smile on my face.

"Okay then, let's go." my dad smiled at me, twirling the car keys on his finger.

We've always had dinner over at Ty's house for either of our birthdays, this being Ty's eighteenth birthday was no exception. As we drove towards his house, I wondered if he was going to talk to me about whatever was bothering him or not. The more I thought about it, the more I started to worry. Ty was never one to worry so much over something, and if he was worried, that would mean it was something big.

What could he be worrying about? I tapped my fingers on my leg as I thought to myself.

When we finally pulled up to his house, I made myself stop thinking about it and instantly put a big smile on my face instead. Tyler was in my line of view before I even stepped foot out of the car, I ran to greet him. My feet were off the ground in an instant, my arms around his neck, Ty's arms immediately wound around my waist to catch me.

"Ty-bear!" I giggled as he spun me around.

"Kota-bear!" he chuckled and set me back on my feet. "Long time, no see."

"Oh whatever, we were shoving cake in each others face just this morning, silly." I rolled my eyes at him. Ty smirked, then grabbed me up by my waist and threw me over his shoulder. "Ty, put my down!" I laughed, my hands pushing against his back to balance myself. "Come on, people can see up my skirt!" He laughed still but set me back down at my plea, but picking me up like that earned him a punch on the arm. "Rude," I huffed at him as my flat fist made contact with his bicep, though a smile was still on my face.

"Whatever." He smiled, this time he was the one who rolled his eyes at me.

"Hey guys, you're just in time for dinner, as usual. Come in, come in!" Ty's mom said from the front door, a pleasant smile on her face. Tyler looked just like his mom, same brown hair and green eyes, he definitely got his dimples from her too. My parents went ahead of us through the door, but just as I was about to enter, Ty grabbed my hand and held me hostage.

"Be right there, just give us a second." He said to his mom. She raised er eyebrow but nodded with that same smile on her face, leaving the door open for us to follow.

I turned around and looked at Tyler, wondering why he wanted to stay out here, but I got my answer as I looked at his expression. He had the same look that he did earlier at school. Although, even though I was curious earlier, I was now dreading whatever he was going to say. I could tell this wasn't going to be good.

"Kota, I need to talk to you." He looked sad and a little scared as he spoke, worrying me. After a prolonged silence of me working up my nerves to hear this, I took a breath to steady myself then nodded my head for him to speak.

"What is it?" I tried to ask in a strong voice, but it wobbled a little, unintentionally letting Ty know I was a little scared of what he was about to say as well. He bit his lip and looked down at the ground for a few seconds, then glanced back up and met my gaze.

"I don't know how to say this-" he started, his hands were running through his hair, something he only did when he was nervous or uncomfortable. "You see, I want-" he started again, but his mom cut him off.