Prologue

Ps. I made this stuff up, none of this is from expierence, none of it is from my life, nor do i know anyone in this situation... Just thought i would let you guy's know.

~

*8 years ago*

I giggled as I looked over to Tyler- with his floppy brown hair and bright green eyes- to see he was smiling evilly at me. Which was funny to see on his ten year old face.

"You can't catch me!!" I giggled as I ran away from my best friend.

"Oh yes I can!" Tyler said as he chased after me.

"No, you can't!" I called as I ran faster, I looked around for a place to go and saw the forest.

I smiled because I knew I would be able to lose him in there. He wouldn't be able to catch me if he couldn't find me. I giggled as I ran for the forest, I could still hear Tyler behind me. I turned around slightly and saw him, but he couldn't see me, I laughed quietly and ran a little further in the forest and then stopped behind a tree.

When I didn't hear anything, I peaked around the tree and saw him just standing there, looking around.

"Dakota!" He called out, I put my hand over my mouth and giggled."Dakota come on, this isn't funny!" He called out again.

He was getting closer now, I watched as he passed where I was and held in another giggle so he wouldn't notice me. He looked up through the trees and sighed, wondering what he was looking at, I looked up too and saw that it was almost completely dark. I wanted to leave now because I didn't like the dark, but I didn't want him to find and catch me, so I stayed quiet where I was at.

He started walking further into the woods, not even caring that it was getting dark. Waiting till he was a little further away, I decided to try to scare him.

"Dakota!! Come on, it's getting dark! We won't be able to see anymore!" He called out, I looked up and saw he was right.

Sighing, I decided I would sneak up on him now instead of waiting, that way I could go back to the house while I can still see. Slowly and silently, I began to creep up on him. His back was to me as he called out my name, looking around for me. I got closer and smiled, as soon as he stopped to call my name again, I jumped out.

"Boo!" I screamed and poked his sides. He screamed and jumped up in the air, his reaction causing me to start laughing really hard.

"Oh, you're so gonna get it now!" He said with an evil smile on his face. My eyes grew wide, and I immediately stopped laughing.

"You'll have to catch me first!" I called as I turned around and bolted for the house, or at least the way I thought was towards the house.

"Dakota, you're going the wrong way!" He called out, but I hardly heard him. I just kept laughing and running away from him.

As I ran through the woods, I barely took in that it was darker and I could hardly see where I was going now. I faintly heard Tyler calling after me, but I was too focused on running. When I suddenly didn't hear anything at all, I stopped where I was and looked around, but I realized I didn't recognize what part of the woods I was in.

I started to get scared, there was nothing familiar about this area, I was alone, and it was dark. I turned around in circles trying to figure out the way I had come from, but then started to cry because I couldn't figure it out. Suddenly I heard a twig snap. because I wasn't able to see, I got really scared. I immediately turned away from where the noise came from and ran.