Lesson Thirty-Eight: The Battles You Fight For Friendship

Assalamu Alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuhu, 

Please don't abandon your prayers. Your prayer is the most important task in your whole life. Your prayers more precious than owning all the jewels and wealth of the world. It's more important than every ounce of love you have for the creation. It's worth your everything. 

This is a second chapter I'm releasing because I promised a reader (you know who you are) that if I didn't get to update yesterday, I'd update two chapters today. I actually fell asleep really quick yesterday while typing up the chapter which is why I had to break my first promise of updating yesterday... so sorry :( 

Assalamu Alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuhu! <3 

Amarah 

I sat at home on my bed with my hair open. I was running my hands through it and thinking of the next project I had in mind. I was home alone with my parents and grandmothers out with Jannah. They went to a restaurant. I didn't go because I was exhausted from a day of work. But they insisted. So I told them to go without me. I went downstairs to make myself a sandwich and heard a loud knock on the door. I thought it was my parents so I opened the door wide open to greet them, but it wasn't. I was staring at a girl who was soaked in the rain. Her hair was dripping, wet with rain, and her eyes were casted down. Her hair was dyed a sandy brown color with purple highlights. She stared up at me, and I finally recognized who I was staring at. 

"Amy..." I whispered. She didn't reply. I dragged her inside and gave her a hug, and she hugged me back. "How on earth...?" I couldn't exactly figure out what to ask her. But she started crying, and crying and crying. I figured I shouldn't be asking her anything right now. I dragged her up the stairs and into my room, and gave her a pair of my pajamas that had just been washed. She took it. "Go take a shower, and dry yourself up, then we'll talk." I said. She didn't nod or give me any type of answer. But she did go in and take a shower. 

I went downstairs and made both of us sandwiches, and brought them upstairs. She sat down next to my bed with her hair wet. Then I realized I forgot to give her a towel. I gave it to her, and she wrapped her hair in it, and ate the sandwich without saying much. I saw down next to her and felt her forehead for a fever and there it was. 

"You look different..." She finally said. I stared back at her. 

"So do you."  I replied. She didn't say anything after that. "Is everything alright?" I asked her. She shook her head. 

"I was pregnant before, but the baby never survived past three months." Her eyes teared up. 

"You mean.. you had a miscarriage?" I asked her. She nodded hysterically. "What about Isaac?" I asked her. 

"He cheated on me." She replied sourly. "Eloping with him was the biggest mistake of my life." She said, wiping away tears. I sighed, and pulled her into a hug. We talked for a while. 

"What about you?" She asked me. I didn't tell her I was engaged, and nor did I tell her about the group. I kept it all from her not because I didn't trust her. I did trust her. But I didn't want her feeling even worse about her life. 

"Well, my mom quit work. She started taking care of me. Then she also had Jannah. My baby sister." I said smiling. She nodded with a smile. 

"That's nice..." 

"Don't you miss your mom?" I asked her. She froze, and said nothing. 

"Remember I used to tell you how annoying my mother was?" She asked me. "Well after I ran out of all the money you gave me, and Isaac ran out of his, we would go days without meals. Until he finally got a job. I started missing the food my mom used to shove down my throat before school... He started bringing home other girls and turned into a complete mess. I figured I didn't love him anymore so I ran away from him but then I didn't know who to run to anymore." She breathed in a long breath. "So I came to you." She said.