Lesson Twenty-One: When People Bring You Down, Laugh

PrAY, PRAY, PRAY! Please pray before reading this! <3

Binyamin

"Binyamin, I do not have the time and patience for your dramatic behavior. Close your mouth and cut the cake, so we can start the meeting already." Amarah ordered. I walked into the Architecture room after having Umar stall me for a full fifteen minutes as he complained about his wife just to find a party organized for me by my one and only student. My mouth was left open.

"You never told me about this..." I said. Well, it was a surprise party...

"Was I supposed to give away the surprise?" She asked, a little confused.

"Well no, but... Wow. I have no words for this. Jazak'Allahu Khayran for your time and effort." I couldn't say much beyond that. I had a whole room of people waiting for me to cut the cake they got for me. Everyone who was here for the MSA meeting was also here for the party. It wasn't that many people like the first meeting. But it was still a lot.

"Go on." Ayyub said, grinning as he handed me the knife. I took the knife, cut the cake, and Amarah handed me a wrapped up gift.

"That's a little something from Aimen, Umar, Ayyub, and I." She said, smiling at the gift. I took it. "But you must not open it now. Later. We gotta get the meeting started." Amarah warned.

"You guys... thank you from the bottom of my heart. May Allah reward you all for all of your efforts. I hear you have new members as well." Binyamin said smiling.

"Of course we do." Aimen said with pride sinking through her voice. "Muhammad, and Yunus are our promoters, and Harris is our graphical designer. And Layla here is our treasurer." She said, pointing to an aqua haired girl in black sweats and shirt. I smiled at all of them. "Guess you guys are set."

"Wait! What about me?" Nour asked, shocked that she wasn't mentioned. This time she was actually wearing a navy blue skirt and a loose white long sleeve shirt for a change. Which was very odd.

"Nour! You look wonderful today." Amarah said, smiling at her. She looked at her own clothing and then gave Amarah a sour look with a sob.

"But my brothers dressed me up today..." She said. Amarah looked at Muhammad and Yunus who turned away trying to hold their laugh.

"Oh..." Amarah said, shocked. I laughed a little.

"You, my dear, are our regular volunteer. The most important one." Aimen said, putting her arm around Nour's shoulder, trying to make her sound important.

"Well, if you must insist. That would be great!" Nour said, all excited.

"Okay, guys. Assalamu Alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuhu! Everyone will be getting cake but at the end so stay till then. And yeah, it's our way of bribing you for your time." Amarah said, smirking as she walked to the front desk. She took a couple of minutes to talk, then got everyone involved in a jeopardy game throughout the rest of lunch time. After that everyone was served cake, and the chocolate they deserved from the game. It was a game dedicated to all three Abrahamic religions. "How was it?" Amarah asked.

"The cake or the game you made me play with the rest of the club?" I asked her.

"Hmm... Both!" She said, stuffing her mouth.

"Amarah, what did I tell you before." Aimen said, scowling at Amarah.

"I'm so sorry, mother. I can't believe my behavior." Amarah took a tissue and patted her mouth with it sarcastically.

"Young lady, I will not tolerate your behavior." Aimen said sternly.

"Are you guys in a historical British movie or something?" Umar asked.