Lesson Eleven: It'll All Come to an End, Trust me

Binyamin

Today I came to school pretty late. I made it just in time for second period to see a.. changed Amarah sitting in front of a laptop doing her work. Why does she look so different today? She never looked up even once to say salaam (peace) to me or even bother me about anything. 

"Amarah..." I said, quietly. 

"Assalamu Alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuhu." She replied, smiling but still staring at the screen. 

"Why are you smiling at the screen for?" I asked her. 

"I made new friends at the Masjid," She said, grinning. 

"Let me guess you're tweeting them or something." 

"Nah, I'm just using plain old facebook because that's the way they communicate," She replied. 

"Is that so?" I asked, bored. I actually liked it when she annoyed me... I sort of feel rejected because she hasn't given me any attention at all today. Wait...what?

"What's wrong?" She asked, looking up at me for the first time today. I looked away instantly. 

"Nothing." I replied quickly, going back to sit down to read a book. Why was I seeking attention and that too, from her? 

"Hey, Binyamin..." Amarah said. 

"What?" I asked, bluntly. 

"I think I found another member."

"I found one too." I said, staring at the book in my hand. 

"Really?!" She asked surprised. 

"Yup," I said, putting the book down for a second, "We'll talk about it afterwards though." I wasn't actually the one who found the member though. It was Umar. I'll clear that up with Amarah afterwards.

After class, instead of getting up and out of her seat, she sat there distressed and annoyed. 

"What's wrong?" I asked, getting up and sitting on a desk in front of her. 

"I'm glued to my seat." She said, angrily. I laughed. "I'm prepared alright, but I left my bag in my locker so I just sent a message to Aimen for her to get my bag out but as soon as she comes she'll be too late because there's already going to be so many people in the room that it'll be too awkward to change." Her annoyed look stayed. "I was going to run out and shove the card in his face but no! Some stupid TRS member just had to super-glue me to a chair as if they hadn't done it already!" 

"Which member did you find?" I asked. 

"Abdurrahman. We should have caught him first." 

"But didn't he say he might or he might not be a TRS member." 

"Well, a special someone told me that the person who gives you the instructions is usually the first member you should give your first card too. Who did you find?" Amarah asked, staring at me. Her eyes were always earnest and naive, but always confident. I smiled, and turned away. 

"I wasn't actually the one who found this member. It was Umar." I said, clearing my throat. "I think Umar should tell you." Just then Umar walked in with his bag over his should and Ayyub behind him. He looked liked he just saw a Jinn or something. His eyes were red. 

Amarah

"What's wrong with you?" I asked bluntly. Umar didn't even respond. Before he could pass by me, I grabbed onto his jacket. What...? Why did I do that? I looked up at him, and he slowly turned to me. I slowly let go. "You look like you saw a ghost or something? Are you okay?"