Lesson Twenty-Five: Saying Good-Bye to High School

REMINDER: Salaah first. This chapter later. May Allah give us the mindset to pray before anything. Ameen. 

Amarah

Alas, the day finally came. That last MSA meeting. Posters were up all over the school, and it was held in a huge drama room. 

"So...." Umar said to me out of nowhere. We were alone in the drama room, setting up for the party. "You talked to Annie." He said. Something got caught in my eye, and I began rubbing it furiously. 

"She's not as bad as I thought she would be. But first impressions are never the last. It was really nice of her to come over the other day." I said, still rubbing my eyes. 

"You need to stop rubbing your eyes. Go put some water in it or something." He said. I could barely even see because it was so blurry. 

"Okay." I replied, going out of the room. On my way out I bumped into a person. "Sorry." I said, with twitching eyes. 

"It's alright." He said in a quiet voice. Odd. It sort of sounded like Binyamin... I opened my eyes through pain, and there he was. 

"BINYAMIN!" I literally screamed. He started laughing. 

"Stop screaming. Second period isn't even over yet. You're being loud, like usual." I began rubbing my eyes furiously again, but something really was caught in it. 

"I'll be back." I whispered. "You can't go anywhere!" I said harshly. I ran to the bathroom to put water in my eyes and it took literally forever. I was beginning to grow impatient. But these are my eyes. They're such a huge blessing from Allah. It's my job to take care of it! I began working patiently, and in a few minutes whatever was in my eye was now out. But it did leave a little redness in my eye which made me a little sad. But it was my fault for rubbing it so much. Once I went back, I returned to Umar and Binyamin and even Aimen and Ayyub in the drama room. "Assalamu Alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuhu!" I said, grinning. I couldn't help it. Just the thought of my mentor made me smile like crazy. But now he was here. 

"Wa Alaikumasalaam warahmatullahi wabrakaatuhu." He replied, happy as well. 

"How come you didn't tell me you were here?" I asked him. "Wait, you didn't tell anyone right?" I asked him. He shook his head. 

"All of them knew, except you." He replied. What! 

"That's so unfair! How could you guys keep this from me?" I asked, sadly. 

"It was actually meant to be a surprise for you Princess A." Aimen said, smiling. 

"Oh... Then that makes sense." I said. "So, so, so you're going to stay for a long time right?" I asked him. He scratched his head. 

"Um.... yup. The whole lunch." He replied, smiling. It was weird how I just came to realize that Binyamin was now like an older brother figure to me. He was always there for me when I needed him the most. He left when I started to stand on my own two feet. But he still comes back from time to time to teach me things I could never dream of. 

"No way!" I said, obviously still not believing the fact the fact that he was actually here. 

"Yeah, then that's about it. Then I'm off for another marriage meeting my sister and my mom set up." He said sadly. 

"You don't want to get married?" Umar asked. 

"After meeting Amarah, and seeing how woman as annoying as her exist, no I don't think I want to." I scowled at Binyamin. "I was joking." He said, laughing. 

"You better be joking." I said, still not letting it go. I wasn't that annoying, was I? I mean besides my narcissistic personality, I think I'm okay.