Lesson Nine: Catching Rats & Keeping Faith Could Be Done

Binyamin

What on earth is going on?

"He attacked her?" I asked, quietly. 

"Yeah. He fully slapped her until she bled and he laughed like a  lunatic. The guy's a nutcase." Aimen said, angrily. This made me angry as well. 

"What about her?" I asked. "She knows how to fight so well. She didn't fight him back?" I asked. I know I told her to control her hands but she should at least be on defense. 

"She was trapped. When we first got their it looked like she was about to push him down the stairs." Umar replied staring at the door. Yikes. We were in the library and away from people's sight.

"Aimen... are you sure you're okay with being here?" I asked her. Ayyub turned to her. 

"Hunh? Why?" She asked confused. "Oh, right." She said, looking at all three of us. "Yeah, Amarah's coming anyways. I'm going to go check some books out until she comes."  She said, getting up. Amarah's hand landed on Aimen's shoulder.

"Forget about books for now, Aimen. I need to tell you guys something. So sit." She ordered. Aimen did as she was told and Amarah sat next to Aimen. 

"When did you get here?" Umar asked. 

"Just now." She replied. Nowadays Umar seemed really concerned for Amarah. The moment she left his site, he would always sit wondering where she had gone. He was always worried too. I felt the same worry as well, but maybe because Amarah was like a sister I never had. She was eager to learn, and to make friends and keep everyone happy. My sister on the other hand was always so straightforward and she always never took interest in Islam. That's why what's happening to Amarah worries me a whole lot. "I was thinking... Why don't you guys let me handle this?" She asked, looking down. 

"Are you stupid?" Umar asked sharply. 

"No." Aimen replied. 

"Why...?" She was about to continue until I interupted. 

"What makes you say that?" I asked. 

"It's just... If this is a game and all, I want to have fun playing it. I don't want people worrying about me. Besides, I can do it!" She said grinning. 

"You sat down with a dozen of cockroaches. Are you not scared so far?" Aimen asked, quietly. 

Amarah

"You guys think I'm afraid of cockcoraches?" They all stared at me. 

"Y-You're not?" Umar asked. I pouted, then shook my head. "Are you even a human being?" He questioned. I grinned. 

"Well, obviously. I don't quite look like an alien, do I? They're green. I'm too pale for that." Aimen gave me a look, then flicked my forehead. "Ouch, what was that for?" I asked. 

"I thought Binyamin took that out of your head. Alien's don't exist, remember?" She asked. I laughed.

"I know, I know, so calm down." I said. "You guys, I'm serious. I don't want to sound selfish or something, but I really want to enjoy this game and beat them to it. What you guys can do for me is distance yourselves a little. I'll still come to the lessons during lunch. I wouldn't miss it for the world, but I think it's best if we keep apart this month, okay?" I asked. I looked up at Ayyub who was staring down. "You said something today, didn't you?" I asked Ayyub. Ayyub smiled. 

"Yeah, he did...." Umar sounded really happy. But then he turned to me. "Hey, don't try to change the subject. I don't care what you say, I'm not letting anything happen to you." He said, flat out. I rolled my eyes.