Lesson Thirty-Five: Smiles Can't be Snatched

Assalamu Alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuhu! 

I hope you guys can pray whatever prayer you need to pray before reading this chapter In Shaa Allah. 

Salaam :)

Amarah 

This was it! Aimen's day. Well, Ayyub's as well. And a lot of people I knew came. Binyamin, Shuaib, Jasmin, and a lot of Aimen's relatives I've never met. While she was at the parlor getting ready, I waited with her and kept looking at my phone to see if my parents got to the masjid or not. 

"Simple?" The woman doing her make up asked. Aimen nodded. "Are you sure, you're Pakistani?" The lady asked. Aimen gave a small style. Everything about today was simple. When the lady took a look at Aimen's long dark green dress with loads and loads of borders on it but no sequins, she nodded. Her dress looked elegant even if it didn't have as many sequins as any Pakistani bridal dress. Aimen chose out the dress herself and had her relatives sow her one with her color preference.

As soon as she had her make up done, the lady styled her hijab, and soon everything was set. 

"You look like a doll." I said. "So pretty. Ma Shaa Allah. May Allah make you a happy bride, wife, and daughter as well. Ameen." I said. She smiled at me. "I can't give you a huge right now because you look too delicate. Give me an air hug!" I said, grinning. Instead of giving me an air hug, she gave me a real tight hug. 

"I might look delicate, but you sure as hell know I'm not." Aimen said, pulling back. "Now, I think we're ready to leave." She said, trying to act calmly. 

"You're freaking out, aren't you?" I asked her. She turned to stare at me, made a sad face, and nodded. Even though their nikha was today, they weren't going to start living together just yet. Ayyub had to settle down first. He just graduated high school, and now he was going to get to studying. Umar was studying to become a police officer, and Ayyub was going to study accounting. Both brothers were actually good at what they did. 

"I'm scared." She finally said. 

"Aren't you happy though?" I asked her. 

"What if...?" She began. I interrupted. 

"There is no what if. That's just Shaytaan putting doubts in your head. This is your special day. Be happy, and stop worrying. And I'll always have your back even with that huge crowd out there." I said, smiling at her. She smiled back. And when we got to the masjid, we saw everyone. 

"Binyamin's here too?" I asked Aimen surprised. She nodded. 

"Umar called him, and apparently Binyamin has something for everyone." She said, slowly. "Well, I already know, but it's going to be hysterical when you find out." She said, giggling. I gave her a look. It reminded me of the day Binyamin was leaving the school and called us all to the library room to give us all a gift. 

"It must be important." I said. "It could be anything. But it's got to be something important." I said, taking something from my pocket out. 

"And how would you know that?" She asked me. 

"Will you do me a favor?" I asked her. "Wear this for me." I said, holding out a silver chain with the words Striving for Jannah hanging from it. I made it a lot time ago which was about six months ago for Aimen. I couldn't think of anything to give her on her wedding day, so why not a reminder? "And I know about that because, that's what he's given us all along. Something important." Aimen smiled, and tilted her head. 

"He has, hasn't he?" She asked. "Now, Miss Amarah Sahar will you do the honors of putting it on me." I smiled back. After I put it on, she put her hand over it. "Barakatullahu Feeki." She said, then gave me one last hug. "Hmm... you didn't wear any makeup today?" She asked.