Lesson Thirteen: Take the Long Way If It's the Safe Way

REMINDER: GO PRAY WHATEVER SALAAH IT IS RIGHT NOW. DON'T DELAY IT.

Assalamu Alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuhu, 

Just a warning, but this chapter hasn't been edited in ANY way. Like I'm not even going to fix the spelling for now because I should be doing a report right now. 

Anyways, ENJOY! xD

Assalamu Alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuhu :)

Amarah

Afer the ice-cream, I came home with my parents and went striaght to bed, except I didn't actually get any sleep. I kept thinking and thinking and thinking. Thinking about what Jasmin put into my ears. There's no way I actually like any of them, right? I mean, not Umar at least... I turned in bed disturbed and uncomfortable at the thought. Not Umar. But what about Binyamin? ...something whispered into my ear. What about him? He's my teacher. No way is that going to happen and he's five years older than me, so it's definitely not possible. But... my parents are five years apart.... Is it that normal? No, that was back in the day when they were young. This is a new generation and we don't go for older men! After all the twisting and turning, I sat up striaght. 

Do I like Binyamin? 

If I do... what's going to happen? He's leaving after a month. I shut my eyes tightly and tried to think of something else, but nothing else worked. 

Maybe I do like him.

Maybe I don't. 

Maybe I will. 

Maybe I won't.

A few hours later, my alarm started beeping louder than ever and I woke up. After I went for Fajr, I read some Qur'an and saw my dad walking in some time later. This isn't the first time he woke up for Fajr. He's always waken up for Fajr and days before this was the only time I'd get to see him before he left for work. We would never really talk but sometimes we did. It became easier to talk to him more than my mother. 

"Are you leaving now?" I asked, as he went to the fridge and took out the milk jug to fill his glass up. 

"Soon." He replied. "Has your mother waken up?" He asked. It was six o'clock in the morning. Usually she'd be out at 5:30am but today she was sleeping in. 

"Nope." I replied. 

"Did you try waking her up?" He asked. 

"I did... so she can pray, but she seemed dead tired to me. She didn't even have the energy to close her alarm." I said calmly. 

"I'll go try waking her up.... " He said before he left the kitchen. I grabbed some cereal and put the Qur'an away. I sat down to start reading my textbook because I knew I was going to have a huge test the next day. My dad came back out the room with his bag. "It doesn't look like she's going to wake up at all today. Oh, right. The boy that came to our house yesterday, do you like him?" My dad asked. 

I stopped crunching down the cereal I was eating and stared at him expressionless until I started choking.... and then coughing. My dad laughed and gave me a glass of water. 

"It's okay, you don't have to answer." He said, smiling. "Okay, I'm leaving. Assalamu Alaykum." 

"Wa Alaykumasalaam warahmatullahi wabarakaatuhu." I replied, looking down at my cereal. 

"Why is everyone after me?!" I groaned, putting my hands over my head in agony. 

It was Friday at school. After we prayed Jummah Salaah (Friday prayer), we sat down to have a talk.