Lesson Twenty-Nine: Finding A Way

REMINDER: PRAY.

Shuaib 

I sat down during my break time thinking of what to do to make her happy. Amarah took loads of days off work mostly because of school but also probably because of that stupid confession I gave her. I knew she wasn't going to accept me... but I didn't want to end up telling her that way. She didn't like the way I acted around her. But she drove me crazy. How was I actually going to get her to like me? 

I sat outside near the park, and saw one of her friends enter the shop. It was the girl that would always come visit her. Maybe she could help... I got up from the bench and started walking back into the work place in time to see her leave without any purchase. I caught her at the front door. 

"Woah." She said, surprised to see me in front of her. "Um... do you need something?" She asked. 

"Help." I replied. "I need your help." She stared at me confused. 

"Okay... If I can, I'll try." She replied awkwardly. 

"Your Amarah's friend, right?" I asked her. She nodded, still confused. "What does she look for in a guy?" I asked her. She gave me one simple look and laughed. 

"That's not something I'd prefer telling guys." She replied. "The way she carries herself... She wants a God-fearing man. And that's all I can tell you." 

"Can I get your name?" I asked her. 

"Aimen." She replied, expressionless. 

Aimen

Now this is exceedingly weird... So she was right. In fact I think she was more than right. 

I came to visit Amarah just to find that she had taken an extra day off. She was clearly avoiding the days Shuaib worked and the timings as well. When I left the shop, I ran into Umar. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked, surprised to see me here. I stopped going through my phone, looked around. 

"I guess I came for a walk... I think." I replied, getting tired from the workload in the first week of university. "How's your wife, how's your kids, how's your brother, your mother, your father, and everyone else?" I asked, disinterested. I was missing out on sleep, because I vowed that I'd rather miss sleep than do work last minute. As a result, I was finishing every assignment, quiz, or reflection as soon as I got home from University. Sometimes I'd sit in class doing work from other class which saved me a lot of time but made me miss quite a bunch of the lectures. And that was only the first week. 

"Kids?" He asked. 

"Oh, sorry. My brain's been jumping ten years ahead and behind. How are you future kids?" I asked, expressionless. He gave me a weird stare. 

"Hopefully they're good...." He replied. "You need sleep." He finally concluded. 

"No, I need Amarah." I replied, in a deadly tired tone. 

"She's at home." That woke me up. I stared at him sternly. 

"And you know that how?" I asked him, bewildered. 

"Annie... I dropped Annie off at her house. They have their play dates from time to time." 

"So I've heard." I said, giving him a look up and down. 

"Stop scaring me..." He replied. 

"Sorry, I'm just sleep deprived... I'm gonna go now. It was nice seeing that you made it alive till this day. Congratulations. Assalamu Alaikum." I said, before leaving. He kept giving me weird looks.