Chapter 5

-The Next Day-

Gage walked to the cafeteria, but was stopped when someone grabbed his arm and pulled him into a small hallway that lead to the greenhouse. He looked down and saw it was Jessica. He stood up straight from having been a little slouched and leaning against the wall.

"Um... hello....?" He said in confusion.

She grinned. "Hey. You didn't call me last night." She pouted and crossed her arms. "Um, sorry....? I didn't know I was supposed to."

"I was hoping you would! We should hang out tonight!"

"Ok..."

Jessica grinned. "Great! I'll meet you after school then!" She grabbed her backpack from off the ground, kissed his cheek, and left, leaving Gage there in confusion.

-2nd Period-

Noah was doodling in his drawing book when Gage walked in and over to him. He didn't notice until Gage sat down on his desk. He jumped and looked up, making Gage laugh. "I scared you!" He said in a teasingly way. Noah blushed darkly in embarrassment. "Sh-Shush it!"

Gage chuckled and hopped off the desk. "Hey, wanna hang out again tonight?" Noah asked. "Aw, sorry man, I can't. Some girl already asked me too." Gage replied. "But we will tomorrow, alright?" Noah smiled and nodded. Gage grinned back and quickly went to his seat just as the bell rang.

-After School-

Gage waved Noah goodbye and turned to walk when he was stopped with coming face-to-face with Jessica. He jumped and automatically stepped back. Jessica grinned. "Are you ready to hangout?" She asked. "Uh.... Yeah...." Gage said, a little freaked out. How did she always know where he was?

Jessica grinned. "Then lets go!" She wrapped her arms around his and quickly pulled him along. Gage followed, not knowing where she was taking him, but secretly hoping it was public with a bunch of people there.

They ended up at the park. It was small and empty. "Come push me!" Jessica said, running and jumping on to one of the swings. Gage walked over and began pushing her. She grinned, swinging. They spent most of their time at the park, Gage pushing Jessica until he got to tired and sat down on the bench. She sat down next to him.

"So, how are you liking it here?" Jessica asked. Gage shrugged. "It's ok. I've already met a couple people I don't like." She nodded.

"Seen anyone you like?"

"I just started yesterday." Gage said. "Yeah, but have you at least seen anyone you think is good looking and your type?" "I don't have a type, but yes, there is someone here I think is cute and wouldn't mind dating. They're pretty nice, cute, and smart." Gage said. Jessica grinned, thinking he was talking about her.

"Really? Who is this lucky girl?" She asked. "It's a guy." Gage replied, looking at her. "Oh.... Who?" "His name is Noah." Her eyes widened as she looked from the ground to him. "What?! Why him?!" Gage shrugged. "He's cute. And really sweet. And his dog is so cute."

Jessica scuffed and looked ahead. "He's a loser. That's why he only has 2 friends, but to be honest, I hate him." Gage growled and stood up. Jessica looked up at him, watching. "Where are you going?"

"Home. I'm not gonna sit here and listen to you trash talk my new friend. Don't bother talking to me again." Gage growled and left, leaving Jessica there, not happy.

"If that's how it's gonna be, then bring it." She growled and stood, also going home.