Returning To Feudal Japan

Sooooo, guess what? We made it to Fan Fiction #364 & Fantasy #532 !!! I know I know we were higher on the list but hey? At least we’re on there! : ) Freakin awesome ladies & gents! Thanks to you guys of course ! Wow I love you guys lol. So on with the chapter, I know some of you are on edge. : ) [ I cannot be blamed lol ] :P

Returning To Feudal Japan

Inuyasha’s POV

“In…..u….yash…a.” Kagome whispered, so quietly that I’m sure the humans could barely hear her.

She began to struggle to get up but I could see the pain in her glassed over eyes. She stretched as if she was going to kiss me.

I felt my mind go blank, my heart racing, and my lips watering for hers. I didn’t move, afraid if I close the distant between our lips she would turn to stone. She stretched further and our lips were only a centimeter away, then that’s when I lost her.

Her heart beat, her familiar heart beat that I could pick out of a screaming crowd of villagers, stopped abruptly as if crashing and breaking down. She gasped and her pale skin became even paler as her auburn-brown eyes went blank and lifeless. She fell back to the ground with her eyes vacant and her body immobile.

She wasn’t breathing, her heart wasn’t beating, and her eyes wasn’t moving. This couldn’t be. No this had to be a trick from earlier. THIS CAN’T BE! NO!

“Ka-Kagome?” I whispered as I looked at her lifeless body. She didn’t respond, only looking back with the eyes of the dead.

“KAGOME!!!!” I screamed as I felt two tears trickle down my face as I held her. I almost never cried, but I couldn’t help the pain of my aching heart breaking.

I looked up to see everyone crying silently, well the woman was sobbing so loud I was surprised she didn’t hyperventilate.

Sota came over to where I was on the ground holding Kagome and hugged us both, crying hard. 

How could this have happened? Kagome couldn’t be dead, she just couldn’t be. AI began to take hope in those thoughts as I frantically checked for a pulse or some signs of life from Kagome. Only to get nothing.

“Kagome.” I whispered hugging her body against mine.

Suddenly she moved and I felt my heart lurch.

“Kagome!” We all said, shock evident in our voices.

Kagome stirred then began to rise, her head bent low and facing the floor. The way she moved, though, was very off. It’s like she was a ghost or something. Then I felt the presence of a demonic aura.

“GET BACK!” I screamed at everyone who were coming closer to Kagome. They all froze, hesitant of what to do.

“That’s not Kagome.” I said, my voice wanting to crack but I wouldn’t let it. I was through with being sad…….. for now.

Everyone faces’ turned to shock and confusion as they backed against the walls. Kagome’s body began to glow white as her head lifted and her eyes opened.

What the hell?

“Inuyasha. Why am I not surprised to find you with this girl again?” Kagome spoke, but it wasn’t her voice, it was….. Kikyo’s.

“Kikyo?” I questioned, not wanting to believe she was speaking to me.

“Inuyasha, do you honestly take me for a fool? I know why you want this pathetic girl, instead of I. But she no longer contains what I not. She no longer have a soul. I have taken it back and I am now alive in the world of the living.” Kikyo said.