One step forward, Three Steps Back

I in no way [ nor attempt ] own any Inuyasha characters or so. The only thing I own is the story plot whatever. Read it enjoy it tell me what you think of the story ( good / bad ) and just show love ! :) Im doing my best to upload  a lot of chapters a day but well a chick gotta sleep :) -T.N. 

Moving Forward, Running Backwards.........[ Inuyasha's POV ]

It's been over a year now. I haven't seen nor heard from Kagome ever since that night. That night I let Kagome get away from me. That night I hurt her more than I ever had. I mentally kicked myself for not chasing after her. I mentally kicked myself twice for giving in to Kikyo. It shouldn't have happened. I shouldn't have did that with Kikyo and to Kagome.If I knew where she was I would forever apologize. 

The others on the other hand soon forgave me but, I can tell in their eye's that they miss Kagome just as much as I do. Especially Shippo. It hurt him the worst and when he looks at me I see pure hate in his young eyes. Sometimes they switch to sorrow since he was just as close to Kagome as me. I knew he would never forgive me just like I knew Kagome wouldn't. 

I remember when I came back from Kagome's house. I remember how i was desperate to hit something or see Kagome's face. I jumped down the well as I growled at myself for not coming sooner. If I would've come sooner Kagome would still be here. She wouldn't have left. My face should be hurting from all the "sits" she would yell at me. But, instead of my face hurting it was my heart. I lost her and I didn't think I would ever get her back.

When I came out of the well the others bombarded me with questions until they noticed my expression. "Inuyasha? What has happened?" I heard Miroku say. I couldn't bring myself to tell them of what I've caused. They all looked at me, waiting for an answer I couldn't give. I heard my lips move. "She's........... gone." I whispered. "She left." Even as I said it I couldn't believe my own words. "No! You're lying! Kagome didn't leave. She would never! STOP LYING!" I heard Shippo scream. I suddenly remembered the note crumbled in my hand. I uncrumpled it and handed it to someone close. It was Sango. She read the note with disbelief in her eyes as tears spilled over. Miroku  and Shippo was beside her reading the note over her shoulder. Miroku pulled Sango into a embrace as she sobbed and Shippo cried silently.

I took the note back and ran. I ran fast to somewhere I could clear my head and form a plan. I ran to the clearing where Kagome's scent was strongest and hopped in a tree. I sat there and tried to think of a plan but all I could think about was what a fool I've been and how I can't see Kagome. And it's my fault.

I snapped back to present day. I was sitting in the same tree from my memory. "No!" I growled. I would see Kagome again and bring her home. No matter what I was going to fix this. I was going to bring Kagome home. I just didn't know where she was. I decided that the best place to start would be her house. She has to have left something behind to let me know where she went. I hoped.

Moving Forward, Running Backwards.........[ Kagome's POV ] 

The days went by slow. They're always slow and sometimes I like it and sometimes I don't. This was one of those don't moments. I was ready to get up and do something but there wasn't any thing to be done. I don't start work until 6 p.m. , since it's the busiest time of day, and it was only 2 p.m. Heidi still asleep in her room so no fun there. 

I sat in the living room flipping idly through channels just about ready to kill myself, when I decided to message Sota. I realized I haven't messaged him in 2 weeks and he was probably worried. I signed on to yahoo messenger and decided I wasn't up for an email. I would just IM him, if he was online. Just my luck he was. 

me : Hey Sota !

Sota: Kagome ! It took you long enough to message me back. I was beginning to worry. How are you?

Me: Sota I'm just fine. Everything is great I've just been busy with a lot of stuff like work. Don't worry so much, it's not healthy. So, what's up? 

Sota: Nothing really. Mom is smothering me :/ and it's annoying. Grandpa is still well Grandpa. The cat got fatter and school is as hard as ever. I still miss you ya know and I wish you would let mom know me and you still keep in touch.

Me: No Sota. I've been over this many times. I can't let mom know about me messaging you. I still think I shouldn't message you but, I need a way to check up on you guys. Besides, mom would just get hopeful that I would return and she would try her hardest to get me to come back, when I can't. I like my new life, it's well it's nice.

Sota: Ok sis. If you say so. Can I ask you something?

Me:Sure. What's up?

Sota: Promise me that when I get older I can come see you and I can bring mom. I don't want you to forever be away from us but, please Kagome. Please. Promise me.

I stared at the screen blankly. I didn't know what to say. But, I didn't want to go forever without seeing my family anymore. Maybe just this once. I thought to myself. Maybe I could visit them once before I continue on with my life. But I didn't want Sota and my mom to get their hopes up of me returning. I just couldn't hurt them once again. With a sigh I replied.

Me: Sure Sota. But one time and one time only. I have to live my new life. You can come see me after you're next birthday. You can bring mom and grandpa but, do NOT tell them until a day or two before. You got that?

Sota: Yes Kagome I promise.

I spent the last hour giving him enough information to locate me since his birthday was a couple months away. I didn't give him my exact location just to be safe I wasn't followed, but only the city I was staying in. Im pretty sure that they would let me live my life but, they may start to become apart of it. I would actually love if I can keep this life while still being able to visit and stay in contact with my family. 

After Sota whined about it being hard to be online exactly when I am, I decided to give him my phone number. This made him even more happy and I felt a nice squeeze in my heart. I was going to get my family back and it made me want to dance with joy. It's been over a year and finally I was beginning to be happy. I told Sota to call me after I logged off and then I signed out. I waited for the phone to ring wondering what the hold up was. 

Finally the phone rung. I answered it before it finished with the second ring. "Hello?" I asked nearly breathless. "Kagome?" I heard. The voice wasn't as childish as before but there wasn't too much of a change. "Sota!" I nearly screamed. "Kagome! I miss you soo much. I can't wait to see you. There's still so much I have to tell you. Have you changed? You know you've missed my last birthday and" He rambled on and on. I giggled, I listened and talk for a while until Sota grew quiet. 

Usually when Sota gets quiet it's because he's going to ask a difficult question. "Spit it out Sota. I know you have a question you want to ask, so ask already." I said. "Kagome?" "Yes Sota?" I braced myself. "Inuyasha is here." But, not enough for that!

Sorry, I made some edits to this chapter because I forgot about some stuff. But Im uploading to those who really like it at a fast pace. I'll try to put in as much stuff as I can. Any suggestions? They're welcomed. :) Vote, comment, etc. etc. ! Things are going to start heating up! :)