Life Is Better But Not Complete

Sooo I'm totally aware that I haven't uploaded in a while ( emphasis on the 'H' ) lol. I apologize for not uploading this sooner but, we all know of the "Wattpad Goes Down" crisis we all had one very unfortunate day. ( Just might write a short story on that lol)  :( But no excuses I guess. So here ya go & like COME ON PEOPLE :( You're killing me. A lot of people read this story & still DON'T comment nor vote. How do I know that I'm meeting people's expectations? The answer is easy-peeasy, VOTE & COMMENT. :) -Hey I'm not asking for an arm here.

Shoot I babbled :(

Life Is Better But Not Complete [ Kagome's POV ]

'KAGOME!'

'Huh? What?' I sprung up, aware someone was yelling my name. Inuyasha? Did he come? I didn't know if I should get up and go see because what if it was him? What would I say? How could I face him? What would he say to me? So I sat there, with a look of confusion on my face, contemplating what I should do.

'KAGOME!!! Why are you just sitting there? We're going to be late!' Heidi yelled.
Oh! I looked over at the tiny alarm clock similar to the one I had back at my mom's house. 5:35! I had less than half an hour to get dressed and to the restaurant. Crap! It takes at least 15 minutes for us to get there!

I jumped out of bed, mumbling an apology while rushing towards the bathroom. I can do this. I’ve been late before and 10 minute showers are my expertise, sometimes even 5. Since I barely had time I went for a quick 5 and hopped out. I quickly dried and threw on some underwear, jeans, and a white boat neck t-shirt.  I pulled my black hair up into a pony tail since it always takes forever to dry. Luckily, it was the beginning of summer.
I grabbed my apron and a sweater and headed out, meeting an impatient Heidi by the front door.

‘Wow, you did that even faster than last time.’ She said smiling at me.

‘Yeah, rushing seems to be something I’m good at.’ I said flashing her a smile.

We headed out the apartment locking the door behind us. We rushed, practically ran, to the near by train station and ran right onto a train that was just closing it’s doors. Heidi leaned over trying to catch her breath. Good thing when I was with Inuyasha I did a lot of running,  I wasn’t even breathing hard. Heidi calls me super woman sometimes, haha.

‘Man, that was close. Lucky us we caught the train or we would’ve had to wait 15 more minutes for the next one.’ Heidi said standing up straight.
‘Yeah, we might just make it.’ I said with a smile.

‘Kagome!?’

I turned just in time to see Jack running over towards me, with Mike trailing behind. Jack was tall, about Inuyasha height and his exact opposite. Jack had short dark hair that stuck up in nice places making it seem fashionable. He was muscular, not as muscular as Inuyasha, but muscular. He had six pack to match his build and a gorgeous face. His face was always sweet, never holding a frown nor angry expression. He had deep crystal blue eyes with a small hint of purple in them. It sounds impossible, but hey, it’s there. He had bright white teeth and a smile that would instantly make you happy.

‘Jack!’ I said happily throwing out my arms for a hug. Jack picked me up and twirled me around like I was four. Jack was my best friend who had some great perks.

‘Hey, Kagome.’ Mike said wrapping his arms around Heidi’s waist and landing a small peck on her cheek. Mike looked like his younger brother only he had a more ‘adult’ type to his looks. Jack is 18, a year older than me and a year younger than Heidi, and Mike was 21.

‘Hey, Mike!’ I said cheerfully. ‘What’s up?’

‘Heading to you’re restaurant actually. We thought you guy’s would be there by now.’ He said with curiosity in his voice.

‘Kagome here, slept in, again.’ Heidi said, obviously not forgiving me yet. I looked at her with an apology in my eyes and a smile.

Jack and Mike laughed, since me over sleeping seemed to be a hilarious topic to them. Our stop approached and we all stepped off the train. Our restaurant is only 2 blocks away and took only 5 minutes to get there. We had 10 to spare.

Mike walked with his arm slung over Heidi’s shoulders and Jack and I held hands. From a far, I’d bet to others we looked like 2 happy couples, going on a date. I sighed thinking about that and pushing it away.

‘What’s wrong Kagome?’ Jack asked with a look of concern.

‘Oh, nothing at all.’ I smiled at him. Heidi glanced at me giving me a happy smile. She’d do this when I was down about Inuyasha or something. Heidi was the only one who knew, I didn’t want to seem crazy.

‘Ok. So Kagome I was thinking that after you get off we could all head out for a movie.” Jack said cheerfully. It wasn’t really asking me out, Jack knew that I didn’t want a boyfriend right now. I don’t know how he knew, but he did.

‘Sure Jack!’ I said happily. This was something I needed, bad. ‘Heidi? Mike?’ I asked them.

‘Sure, I’m dyin to get out.’ Heidi said while Mike nodded. I smiled. Heidi may say she isn’t sure about the future, but I know they’ll get married.

After chatting with Jack and Mike for a while, me and Heidi parted from them, and headed for the back to put our sweaters away and get to work. I walked out and checked my area of the restaurant. Lucky for me I had 3 tables to waitress and they looked a bit impatient. I grabbed my notebook and pencil and hurried right over.

‘Hello sir. What would you like tonight?’ I asked as polite as possible.

‘I would like a pretty girl like you to come home with me.’ He said cocking me a grin. I groaned internally. So, he was one of those guys who wanted to go out with me. I repressed a sigh and continued to be nice.

‘Sorry sir, we’re all out of that. But, would you like any thing else?’  I asked. His face fell a bit obviously taking a hint.

‘Um, sure, I’d like the rice rolls and soup.’ He said. I scribbled it down and said, ‘Coming right up.’ I walked over and handed the note with the order to our cook Tikiato. He was older than me but kinda cool. He helped out with us when people caused trouble.

Things weren’t as hectic as usual. It was calm and quiet and not really too busy. With an half an hour to go, our boss let me and Heidi out early, saying we work too damn hard.

‘I’ll go call Jack and Mike to come pick us up from the house at 10.’ Heidi said before disappearing into our bosses office. I grabbed my sweater and hung my apron up where we usually keep them.

‘Kagome? Mike and Jack said that the movie theatre is not open for some reason so instead we’re going to dinner at that fancy restaurant. You still want to go?’

‘Sure.’ Now that I think of it, I am starving. Heidi went back to the room to confirm our plans and then we set out home.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

| Inuyahsa's POV | <3

Kagome? She’s near! I can smell her familiar scent.
I was running at full speed now with the kid gripping on my back with all his strength.

‘Inuyasha?! Why are you running so fast?!’ Sota screamed above the wind whipping fiercely around us.

‘It’s Kagome! She’s near, I can smell her.’ I told him as I increased my speed.  Sota seemed to go quiet for a moment.

‘Inuyasha, wait! Stop!’ He screamed while thrashing wildly on my back. What the hell is up with this kid?! He’s starting to get on my nerves.

‘What the hell do you mean WAIT?!’ I growled at him as I came to a stop.

‘We can’t just barge in on Kagome after all this time, we might scare her, or worse, make her mad!’ He nearly shouted.  We were on top of a roof now, around some weird buildings and trees. Kagome’s world was always weird.  The kid had a point though, I don’t even know what to say to her.

The wind rustle and her scent hit me full in the face. It’s like she’s right by me! I looked around trying to find her to match her scent. The weird building I was on top of was kind of high for humans so I looked down.

Kagome…….

My eyes widen as I took her in. She was the same but, yet, different. Kagome dark black hair was up in a sleek pony tail, but I could tell it was longer. She was a bit taller and skinnier too. She didn’t wear the skimpy outfit I was so used to seeing her in, instead she wore pants and a shirt.

Her face seemed to have changed a lot. Tiny features people who don’t know her like I do wouldn’t have noticed. Her cheeks, which usually held a slight blush, were pale like the rest of her skin. Under her eyes were slight purplish bags, but not really noticeable. Have she been losing out on sleep?

Kagome may have some negative things about her but there were the positives. Those made my mouth water. She was skinnier, but she had curves that I’ve never noticed. Her breast were now larger than they were when I was around her. Her brown eyes had seemed a bit dim, but they held life and a tiny sparkle. Her smile wasn’t as bright as I’ve seen I, but it was bright and breath taking.  She’s aged, for the better.

Then I heard her voice. ‘Nothing at all.’ She said, her voice sounding like the old Kagome but with a bell like tone to it. She was talking to some guy who she was holding hands with! Who is he?! Is Kagome with him? I couldn’t help feeling like I deserved it if she was already gone. If I couldn’t get her back , it would all be my fault. She was taken now.

‘Ok. So Kagome I was thinking that after you get off we could all head out for a movie.” The guy said, sounding hopeful. Huh?

‘Sure Jack! Heidi? Mike?’ She asked them. She sounded happy.

‘Sure, I’m dying to get out.’ The girl, I’m guessing Heidi, said while the boy, Mike, nodded in agreement.

‘Sota what do they mean?’ I asked him

‘What are you talking about I can barely see them! I cant hear them.’ He said. Oh right, human.

‘That guy holding Kagome’s hand said they’re going to the movies and Kagome is bring the other two. What are the movies?’ I asked, I hate not know things and having to ask a kid for information.

‘They’re going out on a date.’ Sota said with a frown.

‘Date?’ I asked. What the hell is that??

‘A date is when two people who like each other gets together for something to do as a couple. In their case it’s a double.’

‘Kagome likes him?’ I said obviously with a frown. It took me every ounce of strength not to go down there and kill that stupid human boy.

‘I don’t think she does. They look more like friends.’ Sota said looking down at the little gathering.

‘Where is she going?’ I said as I watched Kagome and the Heidi girl go into some place.

‘They went inside that restaurant. I think they work there.’

‘Well what are we waiting for? Let’s go in there grab Kagome and leave!’ I was getting really impatient now. I wanted Kagome with me.

‘Not now. It isn’t time to make ourselves known Inuyasha. It won’t do us no good to grab her and leave, now wait.’ The kid had a point.

So we sat there on top of the roof, waiting and plotting for a way to get to Kagome.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

| Kagome's POV | <3

We were back at the apartment getting ready for dinner. Heidi was in the bathroom showering while I was in my room trying to find something to wear.

‘Aghhh! My life sucks!’ I said with exasperation. Nothing I had was dressy enough for dinner. I only had jeans and the skirts I had were more ‘walk in the park’ kind of wear.
During the walk home Heidi told me that the restaurant Jack and Mike were taking us too was very fancy and only formal wear was allowed. Everything I had screamed casual, nothing formal. Maybe I could cancel?

‘Kagome? Why are you still laying around for? The guys will be here in half an hour!’ Heidi scolded me.

‘I think I’ll stay home on this one.’ I said feeling a bit sad.

‘What? Why?’ Heidi was obviously mad. She thinks somehow me and Jack are going to end up together after today. No way.

‘Urm…..’ I racked my brain for a good excuse but came up short. I decided to go with the truth. ‘I don’t have anything to wear.’ I whispered. When I left I left all my kimonos at home. I never thought I’d need it. Looks like I was wrong.

‘Oh is that all? Kagome, I planned what you would wear before we even left the restaurant!.’ Heidi said cheerfully.

;What?’ I said as a look of shock came onto my face. I forgot who I was living with. Of course Heidi would plan my outfit. It was so HER.

She giggled dragging my into her huge room with an even bigger closet. She may be a waitress but, her parents left her a lot of money after they died. She got it when she turned 18 but she continues to work. One of the things I like about her.

Heidi stopped for a minute tapping her finger on her chin, looking around the closet.

‘Ah yes. Here it is.’ She said as she grabbed a ruby red dress and tossed it to me. ‘Oh and here.’ She handed me some black heels, stilettos? And shooed me to my room.

I looked at the outfit and sighed. It looked great but I know I never would’ve worn something like this back at my mom’s house. I went to the mirror and let my hair down from the pony tail it was in. I shook it out to let it fall loosely and decided I had no time to curl it.

I grabbed the dress and slipped into it. Heidi was about my size maybe a bit skinnier since the dress hugged my body around the hip area. The dress was beautiful. It came right about my knees and hung out around me. It was off the shoulder on the left side, but on the right side had a pin up sleeve with a bow. It hugged my chest, which I’ve noticed grow out, perfectly. I slipped on the shoes, ( oh god  ) which were pretty high, and put on a bracelet my mom gave for Christmas and my favorite hoop earrings.

‘Kagome? The guys are here! Are you ready yet?’ Heidi called out to me.

‘In a minute!’ I yelled back at her. I grabbed my favorite perfume that I wear only at special times. The bottle was still new. I sprayed my wrist and neck, trying not to overwhelm the smell. I checked myself in the mirror before applying some lip gloss. I don’t really like make up, especially lip stick.

I took a deep breath before letting myself come into view. I blushed a little gasps I heard and the look of shock on everyone’s faces.

‘Ka-Kagome? You look…….’ Mike said trailing off without knowing what else to say.

‘She looks GORGEOUS!’ Heidi gushed, obviously she was happy with her work.

‘Absolutely gorgeous.’ Jack said grabbing my hand and smiling warmly at me.
I couldn’t help the smile that slowly appeared on my face.

‘Well, shall we?’ Mike asked.

‘We shall.’ Heidi said in a cheesy way.

With that Jack, Mike, Heidi, and I left out for a good time. Little did I know my life was about to change. Again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~ Comment &. Vote if you got some love for me -or the story :) PS. Pik of the dress Kagome is wearing ( that I really had to track down lol ) but It think its cute -even doh I'm not a dress person- & a pik I found on another fanfic on a diff website that I think is great ( they drew it themselves ! ^-^ )  Next chappie coming soon! :D *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

BTW - check out the fanfic I found about Inu. being a pirate and Kagome a diplomat's daughter mann it's really good. You may be mad at the first chapters but I assure you, It's a great story!  :)

website here ------------> http://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/view_ch.php/64142/200512#fic_c

*This is the chapter I was on when I uploaded this, you can go back to chappie 1 :)

oh and a website to watch all inuyasha episodes and movies? lol go here

-------> gogoanime.com <--------- even Sailor Moon is on there ! :D

-smooches xoxo TN