A Clue To My Heart

I in no way or attempt own Inuyasha & characters. Just the story and what not.

If you like the story tell me what you think ^-^. Comment, vote, like, tweet or whatever else there is to do other than read. Post a comment telling me to read a story of yours and I will do it. [ iSwear ] Tell ya friends and get my story around :) ; please &. thank you -T.N. <3

PS: Sorry this chapter is unfinished due to my damn USB drive going missing so I wrote what I saved on another computer. I'll hunt that USB drive down like a dog but until then I hope you guys enjoy this :)

A Clue To My Heart.........[ Inuyasha POV ] 

I ran from the tree, through the forest, to the well, and jumped. As soon as my feet touched the solid ground of modern japan I picked up my speed again. I didn't want to disturb her mother, she was just getting better from Kagome's absence. I jumped through Kagome's room window and looked around. It was exactly the same as it was the last time she was here. Her scent still lingered but it wasn't as strong as I would've liked it to be. 

I looked ( and sniffed ) around searching for that clue to her. Her bed was still messy and it still had broken glass covering it. What was she doing? Destroying the room? I continued to investigate around her room but found nothing. Damn! She didn't leave not one stupid hint of where she went. Damn you Kagome! She's as stubborn as a mule and yet she isn't even here! I growled trying to think of a new strategy. "This is going to be harder than I thought! I should go see if Sota can be some help. The kid gotta know something." 

I left Kagome's room inhaling her fading scent once more to help the memory of her stay strong. I walked to the kid's room before I heard him sighing. I didn't want to walk in on him crying. I hate seeing people cry, it's just weird. Then he was typing on one of those huge things Kagome used to do homework on. A computer I think. Then he was cheering as if he uncovered some sort of victory. What the hell? I started to walk in when I heard him approaching the door. Ahh! I need to hide. If the kid sees me eavesdropping he might not help with me finding Kagome.

He race out the door just as I ran back to Kagome's room. He seems excited about something. Maybe the kid finally cracked? I'm pretty sure it's not normal to cry one second and then be happy the next. Sota then ran back into his room holding a white thing. What the hell is he up to? 

I came out of hiding and stood by Sota's door trying to see what was up. He seems to be quiet for a moment and I thought about just leaving until he started doing something else. I heard beeping and then a dial tone? That white thing must be that phone Kagome always talked a lot on. I heard someone say hello and then. What the hell? Kagome? That can't be who he's talking to! As I listened I kept hearing him say her name and laugh and talk about things that I thought were unimportant. She sounds happy. Very happy. I wonder how she has been been since the last time I saw her.

Suddenly I couldn't stand there no longer. I walked into Sota's room and everything froze for a minute. I heard her say something but I couldn't look away from Sota. Then he spoke."Kagome? Inuyasha is here."

"Ka-Kagome?" I stuttered. Did I finally crack? Maybe I'm losing my mind instead.

"Huh? But why? Ok. Bye sis." Sota said.

"What! Wait! Kagome!" I screamed. She can't hang up not when I need to hear her voice. Not when after all this time I've finally found a way to get to her. I grabbed the phone from Sota's hand, "Kagome?!" I said into it. But, there was no reply just an annoying ehhhhhh sound. "What's wrong with it?!"

"She hung up." Sota said looking sad.

"What? Why?" 

"She seemed like she didn't want to talk to you."

"Damn it!" I growled. She was still pissed about that night. I knew I should've went after her. Of all the shit I could regret this was number 1 on that list. "Sota, you got to help me find her. Please, I'm begging you. It's very important."

"Inuyasha, Kagome told me not to tell you where she is."

"So, you telling me she told you where she is and you won't tell me?" I asked outraged.

"Well she told me not to."

"Fine! I'll go ask your mother." I headed for the door but was stopped by the kid hanging on my leg.

"No! Wait. She doesn't know me and Kagome talk let alone the fact that I know where she is. Don't tell her."

"You're keeping this from your own mother?! You're letting her be depressed because of Kagome's absence? You want her sad?" I said holding him by his shirt.

"Kagome planned for us to go see her on my birthday. It's going to be a surprise. Can you please put me down?!"

I sat him down. Kagome's planning a meeting? Is she coming back? Maybe she won't stay away forever.

'She said she wanted it to be a surprise because she don't want mom getting excited and tracking her and trying to make her come back. She likes it where ever she is.' Sota said almost as if he read my mind. Wierd kid.

'Look kid I have to find Kagome. Maybe I can bring her back so you and your little family can be as happy go lucky as ever. Just tell me where she is and I'll try my hardest to get her back.'

'I don't know. She said she didn't want to be found.'

My patience was running thin."Look kid you're going to tell me where the hell Kagome is one way or another. If I were you I would tell me now or else get my ass kicked. Now talk!" I commanded. 

"I don't know exactly where she is like her address or anything. Just the part of japan she's in."He said obviously frightened. Huh, I wouldn't actually hurt Kagome's brother. Maybe a punch or two.

"So talk! Now." I commanded. 

Sota spent a while describing the place where Kagome was. I was going to need help getting to that part of Japan but, once I got there I could easily sniff around and pick up her trail.

"Hey kid how the hell am I suppose to get all the way over there? What do I look like? A specialized adventurer?" I asked getting annoyed at the dilemma. I could be half way there by now.

"I'll talk you."He said simply.

"Uh-uh. Oh no. There's no way in hell you're going anywhere kid. You're staying here. Maybe I could ask some by standers."

"If I don't go, it'll take even longer for you to find Kagome. Also I know basically exactly what she's talking about and how to get there. You need me so stop being pushy and let me come!" He said. He really had a good point, this kid may come in handy.

'All right! Fine! But, we're leaving tonight. Be ready by then or you're staying.' I growled.

I left and found the nearest tree and settled down for a nap. This trip was going to be a long one and knowing Kagome, very, very difficult.

Vote, comment, give love, share:) I will return all love :) -Torii n'yell