New life, New start, Same Broken Heart.

I in no way [ nor attempt ] own inuyasha or any other characters. I own only the story plot &. what ever. Read it &. if you feel like showing love give some ! :) -T.N. <3

New Life New Start, Same Broken Heart.........[ Kagome's POV ]

One Year Later...........

I awake in my bed sweating and shivering. I cringed at the nightmare I just awaked from. The nightmares aren't as frequent as they used to be. I only have one a couple times a week. Usually after I cry myself to sleep. I looked around at my new room until I found my clock. It was 4 in the morning and I fell backwards into my bed with a groan. No doubt was I talking, no, screaming, in my sleep again and kicking as I ran in my nightmare. No doubt I woke up my house mate Heidi. And really no doubt, like all the other times, she will be in here in a flash ready with glass of milk to help soothe me.

I sighed as she came in with the milk in her hand. I gave her a weak smile before she handed it to me. I felt her starring so i looked at her and asked, "How long was I screaming this time?" "Oh, about 30 minutes. Last time you screamed for an hour. It's cutting down." She said smiling. I couldn't help but smile back her.

After I left, I headed in the opposite direction of my city. I got on a train that went north and didn't stop until I was in Hokkaido, Sapporo, where I met Heidi. She's a waitress at the restaurant I work at now. I met her there one day when I went in starving after my long trip. She noticed my pained expression and came over to talked to me. I found out she's a year older than me and has been living on her own ever since her parents died in a house fire. She was at her friend's house when it happened. Heidi was crushed. After they tried to put her in foster care did she decide to move on with her life. She got a waitressing job and stayed with her friend's parents until she had enough money for her own place.

I now live with her. I work with her at the same restaurant and together we make a great waitressing team. Now the days are bearable and I sometimes find my self laughing with out effort and smiling without pain. I am truly starting to live again as I let the memory of him fade into a blissful nothingness.

Heidi worries about me like I'm her little sister. I kind of like being taken care of and knowing she has my back. With her came many others. Her boyfriend Mike and his little brother Jack. Jack is basically my best friend other than Heidi. He makes me smile and laugh and even pisses me off. Heidi persistently tries to get us to date but I'm not ready for it. 

"But Kagome!" She whined. "He's a great guy and you haven't been with any one since you've been here. I think you should move on and open up to him. He can do you a whole lot of good." "I know he's a great guy." I said for the hundredth time. "But I'm just not ready to open up to another guy again. Not yet, it's just too soon." Of course this earned me an eye rolls and flip of her hand as she dismissed the subject. Sometimes she pisses me off too. 

I still missed all the others. I couldn't stand to leave my family behind and let them wonder about me. It tore me apart until I started e-mailing Sota, secretly. I made him promise to never tell anyone I keep in touch with him. I allowed him to tell mom I'm safe but, that was all. I don't want the chance of being found. Even with a broken heart I like my new life. I didn't want to change it. I knew Sango and the guys were doing just fine with the jewel mission. I wasn't all that important to them and they can get the jewel very easily without my help. I still missed them though. I missed shippo the most. He was like my own kid at timesand I felt like his mother. 

I laid back down to go asleep and stop thinking about my past. Heidi hummed a peaceful song and rubbed my hair as she would after I had nightmares. The last thing I acknowledged was the sound of Heidi's sweet singing as a dreamless sleep came over me.