Chapter 14

When the bell rang for school to let out I met Austin outside and walked to my car.

"So, are you ready for the race Saturday?" We leaned on the hood of my car.

"Hell yes I am. I'm gonna kick Blake's ass, which scared him after he seen my first training day."

"Well, you are good."

"Babe I'm not good."

"Then what are you?"

"I'm great there's a difference between the two you know."

"Well, I do now." I turned to look at Austin. "Austin you wanna go somewhere?"

"Now how would you know somewhere if your new here?"

"Well, I visited this part of LA before. My mom brought me here once before she died."

"O, I'm sorry. Do you want me to ride with you or follow behind you?"

"It doesn't matter to me, as long as you still come."

"Ok, then. I'll follow you there."

"Ok then see you there." We got into our cars and headed to the spot my mom showed me when we came here. When we got there Austin just started at the view we had of LA.

"You lived here practically your whole life but you've never been here." I said to him as he walks around.

"No never. I usually just went to school then to work and hang with my friends in between. Plus my dad doesn't get many opportunities to take us out that much. He's a busy man." He turned around and looked at me. "Lexi, why is it that your nice and considerate of your friends, but still be the most popular girl in school?"

"Well, for one I don't care what others think of me, two just because you're popular doesn't mean you rule the school it just means people like you. Now to some girls being popular does mean you're queen bee or whatever you call it, but that's not me. If someone doesn't like me that's their problem not mine. And three the guys only like me because I'm hot and I know how to party, and the girls only like me because the hottest guy at school is my boyfriend and they want to know every detail about you so they try to be friends with me."

"Lexi you're an amazing person. How did I get so lucky?"

"Thank Patrick. He's the one who made sure we met remember."

"I do, but that doesn't mean that's how I got you to be my girlfriend?"

"Well, you're nice and didn't treat me like trash but like a friend and you respected me." I walked up to him and wrapped my hands around his neck. He wrapped his hands around my waist. I got up on my tippy toes and kissed him. He kissed back and he deepened the kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I know it's short but at least it's an update right.