Chapter 19

Lexi's POV

I woke up in Austin's arms. The TV was still on and my dizziness had gone away. Austin started to stir and eventually opened his eyes.

"Hey sleepy head," I greeted him.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" He asked.

"Much better. That nap really did it for me."

"I'm glad you're feeling better."

We both sat up and I stretched out all the stiffness in my limbs.

"Are you hungry Austin?" I asked him.

"Yes I kinda am?" He replied.

I got up and walked to the kitchen. I grabbed the loaf of bread, peanut butter and jelly.

"Hey Austin, do you want creamy or crunchy peanut butter? "

"Creamy," he said as he walks into the kitchen.

"Alright, what flavor jelly? We have grape and strawberry."

"I'll take grape please," he sat down in one of the stools at the island.

I started making us some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

"So Lex, do you plan on racing again?" Austin asked.

"Honestly, I would like to but I don't  know if I can. I don't know if the crash affected me in that way. If it has I'll have a lot of fear and anxiety to work out before I can actually do a race again. But until then I'm gonna think positive and do my best to get back out there."

"I hope you can work it out."

I smiled at him. I finished making our sandwiches and handed him his.

"Thanks. I hope I can as well." We ate our sandwiches then the doorbell rang. I went to go get the door. When I opened the door Mary and James were standing there.

"Hey guys, come in." I stepped to the side and let them in. They came in and I shut the door behind them. They followed me back into the kitchen.

"How are you feeling?" James asked.

"A lot better. Thanks for taking notes for me." I thanked him as he handed me the notes from our class.

"Anytime."

"Alright, what shall we do?" I asked getting bored.

"Umm do you have an Xbox?" Mary asked.

"I do."

"Do you have Just Dance?" She asked.

A smile started to form on my face as I was getting what she wanted to do.

"Well come on let's play."

Mary and I rushed to the living room turning the game and getting started o  the game. Austin and James followed behind, but just sat back and watched.

"Come on it's your turn."

"Umm no thank you," they both said.

Mary and I both started to beg them to join us and have some fun.