Chapter 17

Mary's POV

I saw Lexi pull into the parking lot. She got out wearing her usual, skinny jeans and a v-neck shirt. She seemed different though. She wasn't as cheerful today, but I guess that's expected since she has a minor concussion. Shortly after she joined us Austin walked up behind her and wrapped his hands around her waist. They said their few greetings and it seemed to make her smile a little.

Blake walked up to me and put his arm over my shoulders.

"Hey babe," I looked up at him and smiled.

"Hey."

"You seem distracted."

"I am a little, but I'll be fine. I have you keeping me steady."

He tightened his hold around my waist. "You'll always have me keeping you steady." I leaned into him enjoying this moment until the bell rang.

"Alright, let's get to class." Lexi says as she starts to pull away from Austin but Austin just pulls her back causing her to laugh.

"Well, me and Blake are going to class. Lex, Austin don't be late." Lexi then gave me a look. Austin then spun her around to kiss her. I smiled at them. They're so cute together.

Lexi's POV

Austin spun me around and kissed me. He always surprises me with something. I wrapped my arms around his neck bringing him closer to me. He tightened his hold around my waist. I pulled away from him. "We gotta get to class."

He sighed, "I know, I'll see you after class." He kissed me lightly before we parted to go to our separate classes. I made it to Ms. Paris class just before the late bell rang. I sat down next to James.

"Damn, Lex you're usually not this late to a class."

"I know, I was with Austin." He laughs at me.

"All lovey dovey I'm guessing."

"Yes we were."

"So, you have any plans after school?"

"No, not really. You want to come over and hang out?"

"Sure. Is Mary coming?"

"I was going to invite her yes, but I don't know if she can come."

"Well, how do you feel?"

"Tired, this concussion really does take a lot from you."

"You should've just stayed home."

"And get behind in my classes I rather not."

James feigns hurt. "Girl, you act like that I can't take notes for you. We do have all our classes together."

"Oh shit we do. I didn't even think about that."

"I know."

"Sorry." I lay my head down on the desk.

"You should sleep. I'll take notes for us."

I smiled at him. "Thanks."

Unknown's POV

I saw Lexi lay her head down on the desk. She seems severely tired. I guess that race accident took more on her then I thought.

James sat there taking notes as the whole class was but he was taking notes for two. She moved a little not much but enough I could notice it. I'm not part of the crowd she formed when she came here. I wish I was but I'm not. I probably could be if I tried, but she's really popular and I don't want to take that from her considering I'm a nobody in this school. Lexi seems so nice and caring. She got the hottest guy in school as her boyfriend, she knows how to party, she gets along with everybody very well.

Her eyes opened as she woke up only for her to turn her head and fall back asleep. Near the end of class James woke her up to let her know it was time to switch classes.