Epilogue

Epilogue

Trigger Warning

"I should probably tell you," Percy pulled the scarf tighter around his other half's neck as they stepped out of the subway and into the graying streets. "It's my birthday tomorrow."

Jason choked on air. "What? You're telling me this now?"

The shorter boy shrugged. "I didn't want you to do anything huge, which I guessed was probably a thing of yours." The look he got from his companion confirmed his belief. "Anyway, we've got the Book of Mormon tickets for tomorrow - it's perfect."

"So my Christmas present is taking up your birthday?"

"It's nothing as dramatic as that," He assured.

Jason pulled open his small (yes, walking cuddles) umbrella just a minute before the downpour began.

"And I'm actually glad - there won't be any surprises for me to 'look forward to'."

"Don't count on that," Jason warned.

Percy made a mental note not to underestimate Jason, because the blond was just one of those kinds of people, and bit his lip to fight back a chuckle. "Okay," He replied slowly.

The shorter boy looked over them while they waited for the light to turn. His gaze stopped at the light blue scarf. "Are you going to wear that scarf all throughout the year?" He fingered the soft cloud print that they'd shared on numerous occasions. "Aren't you hot?"

The blond unwrapped and rewrapped it to cover both of their necks. He never stated it out loud, but sharing his stuff with Percy was something he always, always, always looked forward to. Especially if whey shared it at the same time. "It doesn't really make you too hot, see?" The cloth was a little wide and covered Percy's mouth and nose, giving him the appearance of an overly protected child. Jason rested a hand on the boy's head, grinning when Percy didn't swat it away.

The shorter boy  wrapped it more comfortable and then petted it softly. He was immersed in thought until they crossed the street. "You're right," Percy nodded, letting them share it. As they began to near their destination, the shorter boy's pace grew slower and slower, until he stopped fully at the facility's doors.

Jason put the umbrella away under the building's shelter. When his companion didn't move the entire time Jason used to get dry, the blond lightly touched a hand to Percy's cheek to get his attention. "Not getting cold feet, are you?" Percy's lack of a reply was enough of one. "This is one of those 'you just gotta face it' kind of things."

"I know."

"The first step, and then the rest will follow."

A soft exhale. "I know." The quietness of his voice made him seem so much smaller than he actually was.

Jason bit the inside of his cheek, listening in at the sound of the others already inside the building, all waiting for them. "Leo, Nico, and Ms. Valdez also came. With food."

Percy snorted, a good sign. "Are you trying to bribe me now?" But the color didn't return to his anxiously pale face. "I haven't been to a pool in years, Jason."

"That's years too long," The blue eyed boy replied. "But we can always come back. You know that."

"I know that."

"Good." Percy still didn't budge.

After a moment of contemplation the blond wrapped arms around Percy's waist, squeezing him in a tight, tight, tight and unexpected hug. Percy gave a squeak as all the air in his lungs vacated his body.