Chapter 28: Eleven Times Zero Is Zero

XXVIII

Eleven Times Zero Is Zero

Warning: strong language.

Percy slept like a fucking koala.

"Can I sleep with you?"

Percy turned and blinked at Jason with raised eyebrows. After a second, he opened his mouth in amused surprise, "Wow, Jason, I never thought you could be so bold."

Flush flush flush. "No, I - you know, I meant we just. We just sleep, like, like actual sleeping," He trailed off when the resident started to crack up.

"Sure. Let's do it."

It was Jason's turn to be surprised. "Wait, do it? Like, like actually do-"

"Make up your mind, Grace."

"Right. Sleep. Got it."

And Jason found that he didn't hate it at all. Percy had one arm and one leg draped over the blond, his face buried deep in Jason's neck. Blue eyes couldn't see too well in the dark, but he could feel every rise of Percy's chest, every breath against his collar. He was much too nervous to fall asleep.

Less than ten minutes after Jason had set a boundary line between them on the bed the darker haired boy had rolled into his space and stayed there. And by the looks of it, he wasn't moving any time soon. But, like Jason had found, he didn't hate it.

Maybe he was just a little pathetic for staying with the guy who'd dumped him for the night, but. He wasn't going to pass up that opportunity for the world, no matter what anyone said. And even though nothing happened, he probably wasn't going to regret it.

Percy hummed and snuggled a little closer, warming Jason better than the blanket that had been tossed off the bed would have.

Yup. He definitely was not going to regret it.

He returned the accidental embrace to the best of his abilities, turning so that he faced the boy completely and wrapping his half free arm around his waist to pull them closer together. He buried his nose in Percy's long hair, finding that it smelled like the beach though he wasn't even sure if Percy had ever been to one.

Percy sighed comfortably and Jason's heart did a little thing. This was ten thousand times better than spooning and he had to let the world know that this. Was. Amazing. (And all Percy was doing was sleeping.)

His phone buzzing on the floor beside the bed broke him out of his happiness. There was literally only one person who would dare text someone at - he checked his screen - four twenty six in the morning. With one hand, he angrily typed, what, sis?

WHERE ARE YOU

Reluctantly, he typed out the address of the location but not the resident's name. He realized she was probably waking up her girlfriend in the middle of the night to ask exactly who's address that was. After a moment his phone buzzed again.

YOU'RE AT PERCY'S? IS EVERYTHING OKAY?

It wasn't like Percy was going to skin him alive for just showing up. He politely told her so while informing her of the fact that everything she typed was in capital letters.

You're such a little bitch sometimes.

He smiled.

What are the two of you doing?

'Percy's sleeping and I'm just laying here, kind of awake.'

Are you sleeping together?

Before he could reply,