chapter 17: Eternal Love for Car Mechanics

XVII

Eternal Love for Car Mechanics

"Hey," Jason waved as he shut the door behind him. "I haven't even gotten changed yet – Thalia's going to kill me." He looked over when the apartment owner didn't reply. "Perce?"

"Yeah," Percy all but tore his eyes from the paper in hand.

"Everything alright?"

"Huh?" He looked back down at what he'd been reading. "Oh, yeah – I just wasn't expecting a letter from this person." He fell silent, brow furrowing again as he continued to read.

"Okay," Jason mouthed to himself, heading over to the suitcase of his stuff in the corner. Took them long enough to deliver this, he thought, pulling out a dry cleaned suit. Thalia had insisted on all the boys wearing tuxedos, or something equally as fancy, for the party.

Percy wore the same one he'd worn to the opening night of the musical – he seemed to only take it out for special occasions (this being the second time). Jason had to clean the one he'd been wearing almost every day of the week, for all his pre-audition interviews.

He changed into it in Percy's newly curtained bathroom, thankful to finally be able to change in a palce that was actually meant to be changed in. "You ready to go?" He called, running a hand through his hair once and walking out to the living room.

The paper had been folded back into the envelope, and Percy was just leaning against the doorframe while waiting for him."Yup," He pushed himself out and the blond followed.

The party was enormous. Too many people had shown up at the club house and were trickling outside onto the lawn and front steps for a place to talk to other people. The place itself had been fixed to look ten times better once their group's main architect had come to save the day.

"Big party."

"Fun." Percy replied sarcastically as they hopped up the steps. The blond laughed as they entered, holding open the door for his companion.

"You're here!" Someone shouted above the ruckus, before a five foot tall body slammed the blond in his torso. 

He grunted before wrapping one arm around the figure. "Hey, sis."

"I thought you were going to have to force Percy to come," The girl looked the taller blue streak up and down, before giving her nod of approval. "Looking good, Jackson."

"Not so bad yourself, Grace." Ha gave a small smile.

Thalia's own grin broadened. The boy had been dropping a lot more expressions of happiness as of late, and she had no doubt of the reason. She looked between the two boys in the warm lighting before realizing they had all gone quiet. "Well, guys, it's a party. Go talk to people. Socialize."

"Will do," Jason nodded, and his sister disappeared to greet more guests. In perfect synchronization, the boys put their hands in their pockets. "Well. See anyone you know?" He glanced over at his other half, who was sandwiched between a group of newcomers and looked like he wanted to spontaneously combust. The cyan eyed actor easily pulled Percy out of the squash and pulled him towards the drinks table. "Let's get something."

Percy's eyes lit up at the sight of something blue in one of the jugs. He didn't care what it was, he was going to drink it, and then maybe he'd even than Thalia for the tribute. As he jumped at the drink with a plastic cup, he didn't see Jason's amused smile at his minor excitement.

"I see Percy's found the blue lemonade."

"Hey, Annabeth," Jason gave the smaller blond a half hug, while Percy hummed in his cup in greeting.