Chapter 58

A/N: The song Jared is singing is called: 100 Suns By 30 Seconds To Mars.

~My Honesty, Like A Back That Hides A Knife.~

   Tell me what do you think of me… tell me how would you call me. Tell me, I want to know. I’m not a liar I will tell you the truth if this is what you want to know. So… Yes, Jared Leto… Jared Joseph Leto. He was the father of Henry. Yes, the lead singer of 30 Seconds to Mars, yes the person who played in Mr. Nobody and Lonely Hearts… Him.
   And I’ll tell you why we broke up, why I took Henry when he was still a baby and came back to Greece to raise him. I’ll tell you everything. Just don’t think of something bad for me…
   I was very young when I met Jared. I met him in a concert… one thing led to the other and we fell for each other. We were both too young, but he was beautiful and so good to me. We never got married or engaged… and after some weeks we’ve been together we learned that I was pregnant… to Henry.
    I bet you never wanted to know this dark side of my life… So when Henry was born we have already been in the USA for a year. But Jared…
    Jared could be the perfect father… he could have been the best… but he was too young. He had his career, he had his band and his fans and I couldn’t raise Henry like this. So I left. Yes… I left… I came back to Greece. To my family and my motherland. Where Henry grew up in an almost normal family and in an almost normal life.
   Now Jared had come back… not for me but for his son. He had flown all the way from America to England just to see Henry.
“Henry… there is some one who came to see you…” I said to my son after he, Alex and Lina came back from their walk.
“Is some one I know?” Henry asked my while by holding my hand we walked to his bedroom.
   Henry stood still when he saw Jared sitting on his bed.
“Hello Henry… I am… Jared… but you can call me-”
“Daaaaaaaaddyyyyyyy!!!!” Henry yelled and run to his father.
   Jared fell on his knees and hugged tight Henry.
“Oh I missed you so-so-so-so much…”
“You came to see me… I knew you would come… I knew it…!” Henry mumbled and wrapped his little hands around his father’s neck.
   Jared with crying eyes looked at me, I saw him smiling and without making any sound, just moving his lips he told me “Thank you” I smiled and closed the door of Henry’s bedroom. They had a lot of things to talk about.   
   When I walked back into the living room I saw Alex and Lina looking at me. Sad I sat on one of the chair’s in the kitchen and covered my eyes from the light.
“Have you told him anything yet?” Lina asked me.
“No… I didn’t have time…” I answered and tears started falling again. “Oh, God I fucked up everything…” I cried out scared.
  Tom didn’t new anything. Nothing about that Henry’s father was alive and in England right now, nothing about that Henry’s father was Jared Leto and nothing about me being pregnant.
“What am I going to do?” I cried and felt Alex and Lina’s hands coming and hugging me tight.
“You need to tell him the truth…” Lina said while she was caressing my hair.
“He will freak out…”
“Maybe, but he is not like Jared. He loves you very much.”
    Alex wasn’t talking. He was still in shock.
“Daddy who made me this guitar?” Henry asked Jared while he was dragging him in the living room.
“Tomo.” Jared answered kindly and sat down. “Do you know how to play guitar?” He asked Henry.
Henry nodded negatively his head.
“Well let me show you…” He said as he sat on the couch and Henry opposite to him on the coffee table.
   Jared placed the guitar on his labs and looked at Henry.
“What do you want me to play?”
“Something you have written!” Henry answered excited.
“Hmmm, lets see… I believe in nothing… Not the end and not the start. I believe in nothing…Not the earth and not the starts.” Jared looked at Henry and smiled.
“I believe in nothing… Not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing… But the beating of our hearts…”
   While Jared was singing to Henry the doorbell rang. Sharp pains chopped my stomach in seconds. Lina walked to the intercom to see who was at the door. But I knew. Automatically I turned to Alex.
“When Tom comes up take Henry for a walk. Please Alex I’m begging you. Come back when it’s darkness… Please my friend; help me…”
   Alex hugged me tight when Lina walked into the living room and stood by the door.
“I’m not mad at you even though you didn’t tell me that Jared Leto is the father of Henry. But Alice, Jared is not the one for you and you know it… Tom will understand.” He said close to my ear and walked to Lina.
“…But the truth in who we are…” Jared sang and after he played the last notes on the guitar he stopped.
“Henry, Henry! Come here we are going for lunch.” Alex said to my son while he was wearing his coat.
“But I don’t want to go… I want to stay with daddy…”
“I promise you when you’ll come back daddy will wait for you.” I said to Henry after I got up.
   Henry looked for a second his father and Jared closed meaningfully his right eye to him. The doorbell rang.
“Lina I need you to go with them.” I said to her and hugged her tight.
“Hello Loki!” Henry said to Tom when they opened the door.
“Hello pal! Where are you going?” Tom asked them.
“To lunch.” Alex and Henry answered at the same time.
“Ehehehe, alright have fun!”
   Lina followed the others out of the apartment and I walked close to Tom. Before he closes the door I hugged him tight like it was the last time I was so close to him.
“Hey darling what’s wrong?” Tom asked me with his beautiful English accent.
“There is something… you need to know…” I told him and looked into his eyes.
“You are scaring me love, what happened?” Tom kindly asked.
   I walked away from him and stood in the middle of the kitchen, the living room, the hallway and the door of the apartment.
“Tom, I want you to meet Jared, Henry’s father…”
   Tom walked a little bit further, more close to me and saw Jared. Automatically his face turned into a mask, he wasn’t showing any feelings.
“Whom?” He asked.
“Hello, I’m Jared Leto, Henry’s father.” Jared said and got off of the couch.
   Tom turned his eyes and looked at me for answers. I looked down feeling like I had betrayed Tom’s trust and all his feelings for me. Feeling like I have stabbed him from behind.