Chapter 43

~Rise Against.~

”I’m telling you baby, I’ll be just fine. Take Robert and I’ll take a taxi.” I said to Tom as we were in his bedroom getting ready to leave.

”I feel safer if Robert gets you home. Besides I called my agent, he sends me another car that will get me to the studio.” Tom answered while he was wearing his coat.

  It flattered me that he was caring so much. I looked at him and gave him my best smile.

”If this is what you want…” I said and walked closer.

“Thank you.” Tom softly replied and kissed me.

   Even if the night had fallen and it was cold outside it wouldn’t be earlier than six p.m. Tom was holding me by the hand when we saw two identical Jeeps waiting for us out of his building. Two drivers were standing on the sidewalk waiting for us and one of them was Robert. 

”Are you sure you don’t want me to come with you?” I asked Tom.

”I would love that, but I prefer you go home and spent some time with little Henry and the others.” He gently replied and kissed my forehead. 

”Ok baby, so… see you tomorrow?”

”I have no idea, the only think I know is that if we end the shootings early I’ll come to you.” Tom whispered and held me tight, close to him.

”Then I’ll wait for you.” I replied and we kissed for one last time before we got in the Jeeps. 

   I saw Tom’s Jeep driving away as I closed the car’s door and placed my safe belt. I looked at the empty road for a second and then at Robert. He was a sweet, smiley, old man.

”Mr. Hiddleston said to get you home.”

”I know Robert… I know…”

”But I can tell, it seems like something is bothering you.”

”It’s just that I don’t want to go home…”

”I’m just a simple chauffeur Miss Alice, name the place and I’ll get you there.”

”Then get me to Diana’s House.” I said sharply to him and looked out of my window. 

   I had a business that I needed to work out. I didn’t want her to torture Tom anymore just because she didn’t like me. Her problem was me being by Tom’s sight. She must be wishing Tom had never met me, but I was here to stay. Tom was madly in love with me, he had told me lots of times that he wasn’t caring if Diana was approving me or not. That’s why he gave me the Hiddleston’s engagement ring. But he was sensitive, and despite the fact that he was saying that nothing was wrong and the fight he had with his mother… I could still sense that he was sad. Tom and I being together were tearing his family apart. And because I love him so much I had to fix that.  

    As a matter of fact the call that I had received from my mother was what had pushed me to say that I waned to face Diana. I was in a mood looking for fights and I was feeling strong, but that lady was Tom’s mother and I was still respecting her after all those things she had said about me. So I would be easy on her, no shouting, no fighting, just talking. If in any case she wanted war, I would give her war, whatever pleased her. 

   Robert stopped the car out of Diana’s house, slowly I looked out side and took a deep breath. If she had liked my from the beginning now I wouldn’t be here… recalling how nervous she had made me feel the first time she saw me. 

”I think this will take a while.” I said to Robert as I opened the door and jumped out of the car.

   Cold welcomed me and embraced me like an old, good friend would do. I walked up some stairs to her door and pressed the doorbell without second thoughts. It was too late to back down.