Chapter 13

A/N: The song that Tom and Alice listened it's called: "Can't Love Me" by It's Alive. :) 

~Is this our Song? Are these our lives?~

   Annabel was so kind to me, she had brought me warm coffee just the way I wanted and now she was driving to the studio. In the car we were talking about the movie and she told me that probably in the next weeks we were going to make some open area shootings. She also told me that it was only this week that I would stand behind the bench, and from the next week I would be in Helen’s team, getting the foods ready. I was cool with that, the only thing I didn’t like was that I wouldn’t see as much as I would love Tom on the set. 

   After an hour of driving, we finally got to the studio. Annabel parked her car and told me that she had to help Helen with something, so I should go on alone. I didn’t mind and I informed her that I would have my walkie talkie on in case she needed any help. 

   As I was walking more into the studio, all around me I was watching people that I knew. They were saying “Hello” to me and “Good morning”, they were asking me how I was and what breakfast we had for today. They had the ability to make me feel so lovable and comfortable around them, not like some kind of stranger. I was only a month working there and it was the first time in my life I was feeling good with the people I was working with, in my old country and in the past few jobs I had taken I wasn’t feeling comfortable at all. 

    I placed my right headphone in my ear and let the music start playing. While I was walking I looked up and saw Tom walk along with the director and some other actors. I wasn’t expecting to see him so early around here. “Be cool, be cool…” I reminded myself. For a minute Tom raised up his head and looked around, like he heard someone calling him. And then he looked at me. I felt like I was blushing, but still I smiled to him. 

”I’ll be right back.” Tom said to the others and walked towards me. 

   As I was watching him walking with so much confidence and a bright smile on his face I felt a sharp pain in my stomach, but that didn’t stop me from keep walking.

”Good morning.” Tom said to me.

”And good morning to you too.” I replied and gave him a smile before I push my hair back.

”What are you listening?” Tom asked me and picked up the other headphone. He made me giggle and then placed it close to his ear. 

”It’s from a band I like…”

”Oh, wait I know this song…” Tom said and looked down at me. 

”No, I don’t think you might know it, it’s from a band called It’s Alive…” I said to him when suddenly I saw his lips moving to the lyrics of the song.

    The ground under my feet felt like it was boiling.

”Yeeeeeeaaaaaah… but you can’t love me…” We sang at the same time as we both looked at each others eyes. 

   We stood there for some seconds just looking at each other and for me it was like I couldn’t hear any other sound except the music. Tom looked for a bit down and swallowed, then slowly  he rised his eyes back to me with his left eyebrow lifted a bit. 

   It was feeling like in the same time Tom and I had said more than the truth to each other. With only one lyric from the song we had narrated our lives, or at least that’s how I felt it. I couldn’t love Tom because he is famous and he has a girlfriend and he couldn’t love me either, because I was unknown and well... that was against all the rules of being famous. When I realised that I felt my heart stopping, I had said more things that Tom had to know. Tom took the headphone out of his ear and let it fall. 

”Well, I should probably go… the director is telling us something for the first scene that we are going to shoot today…” He said as his voice was trembling.

”A-a-and I have to get ready my bench…” I answered and we both walked away from each other. 

”What was that?” I heard a man’s voice telling me and looked to my site.

”What?” I said as I saw Timothy coming close to me.

”What happened with Tom Hiddleston there? Did he said something bad to you?”

”No, Timothy everything is cool…” I answered sharply to him and went at the back of my bench.  

”Alice you don’t have to hide from me, I can see that you are sad… I just want to help…” He claimed and leant closer to the bench.

”I’m not ready to talk about it…” I said and took off my jacket and my scarf. 

”Well, if you need someone to talk to... I’m here.” Timothy replied and patted my shoulder as he smiled.

“Thanks Timothy…” I answered and turned my back to take off my pullover.