Chapter 2

A/N: Alice is a big fan of Lord Of The Rings, like I am. The song she is singing to Henry is Pippin's Song, Edge of Night from LORT: The Return of the King. 

~Mother’s Big Problem.~

   I had a deep, dreamless sleep. But at least when I woke up I was feeling refreshed. I wore my pyjama’s bottom and a jacket and got off my bedroom. I looked at the kitchen’s clock; it was 7:41 in the morning and Henry was still sleeping. As quick as I could I opened the windows in the living room and made some coffee.

   It was another great winter’s day. Some big, fluffy, white clouds were in the sky travelling lazy by the wind. In Greece the winters are kind to us, it’s not snowing at least in Athens, so basically I could say that this day was mostly like an autumn’s day. I placedsome hot coffee in my cup and walked out, in the balcony. I sat down and drank some from my coffee as I was watching my neighbourhood waking up.

”Mommy what are you doing?” I heard my son’s voice asking me and turned to look at him. He had just waked up and he seemed still sleepy.

”Oh, Henry it’s cold out go inside.” I said to him as I got up with my coffee and walked into the house after him.

”Can I have a toast with pinnate butter and jelly? Please, please please mommyyyy!” Henry begged me when I closed the window behind me.

”Ok but only if you go and brush your teeth first.” I said as I opened the fridge to take the jelly out.

”OKAY OKAY!” Henry said and then I heard his feet on the carpet as he was running to the bathroom.

“Here you go darling.” I said to him and I placed the toast and a glass of milk in frond of him.

    Henry didn’t seem to care anymore about the toast since he opened the TV and saw what cartoon was playing. As long as he was eating I went to the bathroom and placed as many, Henry’s and mine, clothes I could inside the washing machine. Then I opened the windows in mine and Henry’s bedrooms and made the beds, when suddenly I heard from the living room:

”Mum! Mum! COME HERE!” Henry was screaming.

   Like a ninja I jumped into the room with the fear that something had happened to him. But he was alright.

”What is it Henry?!” I asked out of breath.

”Look!” He said to me and pointed at the TV.

   MTV was playing a video clip of 30 Seconds to Mars called A Beautiful Lie. But if you think that I didn’t know them you would be one hundred percent wrong. I knew them and in fact very well. I was a huge fan of them, I had all their CDs and both Henry and I had many of their t-shirts. What can I say I am the kind of “cool” mother, right?

   And the good thing is that over the years I had succeeded to plan my love for them and many other bands inside my son’s heart. So when other kids were listening to silly, childish bands my son had grew up with music that was teaching him to fight for his dreams and to be strong. 

   I smiled kindly to him as he was jumping on the couch and singing along with Jared Leto, he was pretending he had drums in frond of him. “What a proud mother moment…” I thought to myself. 

”Come on mommy sing with me!” Henry said as he turned to look at me. He was so excited with the song that his cheeks had turned red. 

   In that moment I forgot everything, I jumped on the couch with him and together we started singing. The music was so loud that either I or Henry heard my mother opening the door and coming into our home. She stood there just looking at us. When the video clip ended and Henry was sure that there weren’t going to be play another clip from them he turned to look at my mother.