Chapter 9

~Roasted Potatoes.~

“That’s right keep breathing…” Timothy was telling me as I was holding a paper bag close to my mouth and with eyes wide open I was taking deep breaths. Timothy said that, this technique would help me calm down. I, on the other hand, was believing that this technique was a way not to black out and past in the middle of the studio.
   Timothy sat down by my side and looked at me.
”You’re looking like shit…” He whispered, since the cameras were still shooting.
”You don’t go back yourself…” I whispered as I wanted him to leave me alone to freak out! But instant I heard him laughing.
”You turned white like you saw a ghost.”
”No, I’m fine.” I whispered and turned my head to look at him in the eyes. I handed him the paper bag and got up.
   I tried to play it as relaxed and cool as I could. I took a quick look at the crowd of extras that were around the director who was explaining something to them. And there… on the director’s left I saw Tom again. He was standing there with his hands on the sides of his torch, looking carefully at the director with his left eyebrow lifted. “Oh, God.” I thought and quickly I walked out of the studio’s area.
   With hands shaking I took my phone off my pocket. I pressed some numbers and then pressed “call”. As I was waiting I tried to take deep breaths. “Come on… pick up, pick up!!” I was mumbling to myself when suddenly:
”Hello?”
”Hey it’s me…”
”Oh, hey Alice everything is good?”
”No…” I said with a crying voice.
”Why not?” I heard Lina asking me curious.
”Because I’m facing a huge problem…”
”What? Why?!”
”I think Tom Hiddleston is haunting me…” I whispered close to the phone.
   From the other side of the line I didn’t hear anything.
”Lina? Lina! Are you here?” I was asking nervously.
”Define haunting you?” She said to me with a serious tune on her voice.
”I was doing my job all cool and smiley when suddenly I raised my stupid head and saw him. He is here! He is the big star of the movie!” I was hype shouting nervously.
”Are you on drugs or something?”
”What?! No! I’m telling the truth… he is here!!”
”Ok listen to me, the school bell just rung and I need to get in the class. I’ll call you when I’ll finish the lesson.”
”Yeah…” I said more nervously as I was biting my nails. “Yeah, ok, sure… call me then… I hope I will still be alive ‘till then.”
”Ok remember you have to keep up the good job… try not to seem so nervous and freaked out. Ok…?”
”Not to seem so nervous… Got it…” I said to her as she said goodbye to me and hang up.
   I was walking up and down trying to find a way to make myself calm down, because let’s be honest, calling Lina wasn’t the best way! I looked up the sky and closed my eyes. “You came for one reason in England.” I said to myself. “Not to fool around and fall in love, but to work! And if you keep this attitude you may lose your job!” That was clear to me, I started well, but now I was falling and all because of him. I had to back up again. “Know your place Alice.” I said as I took a deep breath. “Go in there and be as professional as you can! He is a famous guy, he won’t even remember you… Your place is with your team. Be antagonistic, be the leader! You can do it. You can-”
”Hey Alice!” I heard a voice calling me.
   I placed my hand on top of my eyes so the sun won’t hurt me. There were some guys from Helen’s team. They were pushing some trolleys with food. I walked towards them.
”Hey guys, what’s up?” I asked them and smiled.
“We need to get ready the benches with the launch. Wanna help?” A chef with blue eyes asked me.
”Of course.” I said while we all walked back into the studio. 
   As I was walking with them towards my bench I saw Timothy taking in his trolley the pans from the breakfast. I ran to him, leaving the other guys behind to pass the checks of Helen. 
”Here let me help you with those.” I said and placed the pan of French toasts to his trolley.
”You look better.” Timothy said to me and I caught him looking into my eyes. I smiled.
”Your technique helped me get over the panic attack I faced. Thank you.”
   Lies! His technique didn’t help me at all. But I didn’t want to bring him down, he was so nice to me and I needed to make friends from my job. Timothy was a guy I could count on.
”Well, when I first got in this job I faced a panic attack like you. I had hidden in the fridge under the sausages and I didn’t want to come out.” He said to me and we both laughed.
”SHHH!” I heard the director hissing as some of the extras were looking at us.
    Timothy and I raised our heads to look at the director and to apologise and there he was again. Tom was in the crowd and he was looking at Timothy. But not in a good way, his face looked dark and his eyes mixed up… We burst in laughter as we were trying to keep it down.
   When my bench was clean the chefs from Helen’s team came and placed some pans, once again in frond of me as others were placing drinks and beverages.
”Open them when you hear the bell of the lunch break.” The chef with the tattoo on his neck, named Vick said to me. 
”Ok.” I said as I placed the trays to the left of my bench. 
   The guys, including Timothy walked away to other benches. I stood there, and chose to remake my bun since I still had some time left. Even if the pans were all covered up, I could smell the delicious foods from here. The ring for lunch break made everyone stop their work. 
”OK PEOPLE LET’S TAKE A BREAK!” The director said as everyone was walking off the set. Some of them went in the trailers to take off their wigs or to refresh their make up. I had time to open all my pans before the crew start coming.
  Chicken legs with BBQ sauce, Chinese rice with stamped vegetables and shrimps, roasted potatoes and meatballs and two different kinds of salads. “They feed them well.” I thought to myself as looked up and smiled. 
   People start coming. I knew they were starving and probably tired so I did my best to chirr them up. I started a small talk, letting them know how good they were, placing in their trays a bottle of cool water and most important of all I kept smiling. 
”Vick, Timothy I need more potatoes.” I said to the woki toki. 
”We are on our way Alice hung in there!!” I heard Helen’s voice answering me. 
”I’m telling you my boy lemon and salt will help her with her throat.”
”I’ll suggest it but I don’t think she will listen to me.”
   I looked up to the guys that were approaching me. It was Tom and Simon Russell Beale, which was also playing in this movie. “BE professional!” I commanded myself. Kindly I smiled to them and leaned over my bench. 
”Hello gentlemen need any help?” I ask them.
”Give us a second doll.” Simon said sharply to me and I stood there watching them offended. “What to do mean you don’t think she will listen to you? You are the man of the house make her listen.”
   I was standing there as my one eyebrow had lifted with what I was hearing. The “lady” was that bitch that Tom was with. She was the woman who had called him in the car. And apparently she was sick. 
”I think our beloved Simon is still in his role.” Tom said to him as he patted his shoulder and turned to look at me.
   I looked for a second down and then I looked Mr. Simon. 
”Yeah, yeah say whatever you want but I am right! Tell him that I’m right.” Simon said to me, I looked at him and then I turned my head to Tom, he was looking at us with a big smile on his face.
”He is right…” I said confused and then I heard:
”EHEHEHE!!!!”
   I smiled and saw Tom laughing. What an incredible, sweet laugh he had.
”Yeap, that’s right. So, what do we have here?” Simon asked me as I handed them their trays. Tom stood by his side and they were both looking at the pans. 
”What was in that pan?” He asked me with his sexy accent. 
”It had roasted potatoes, I asked to bring me more but it seems that something had happened on their way. It will take a while.” 
”Well. I’ll take the meatballs and the salad.” Simon told me and I handed him his plate and his water bottle. ”Have you found what you want?” He asked Tom and he took a step back. 
”Find a place to sit Simon, I think I’ll wait for those potatoes.” Tom said and looked at me with a playful,stimulus smile that made me approve my taste of sexy guys.